1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Double Notification Tone

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by elswickrk, Nov 24, 2009.

1. elswickrk

elswickrk New Member

Nov 24, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I have tried to change the notification ringtone on my android, but now it just says Droid and the other ringtone together. Is there any way for me to turn off the droid tone and just keep the other one?

2. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    Have you restarted the phone? Someplace to start i guess. I am not sure why you are having this trouble but i would try a restart and see what happens.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    You said "notification" and "ringtone". They are two separate sounds, or should be. Are you trying to set up separate sounds for individual contacts? More info, please...

5. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    I'll second the idea we need more specific details.

6. nesknowitall

nesknowitall New Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Are you using the app missed call? I had this issue when my phone had a notification sound and so did missed call which gave you two sounds and 2 notifications.

7. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Are you by chance using a 3rd party app for messaging? I had that problem when I had chompsms installed. I would get a notification from that app and my stock messaging app. I just turned off the notification sounds and notification icon within my stock app so just my chompsms notifications would show up and sound.

*sorry nesk...just noticed you basically asked the same questions I did.