1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Downloading pics from my pc to droid to use as wallpaper or whatever!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Dey, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Dey

Dey New Member

Apr 27, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Hello Droidians. I'm New to planet Droid! Just landed yesterday and, man!, is this place great but complex:dft009:smile.

How do I get pics off my pc to use as wallpaper or whatever for my droid!?

Any help would be helpful...and much appreciated!

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Welcome to everythingandroid. The easiest way would be to email it to yourself.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Dey

Dey New Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Thank you and thanks, Christopher! Sounds simple enough; but how do I retrieve the pic and make it wallpaper that shows up in the wallpaper swatches?...If you don't mind?

5. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Download the image and it'll will show up in the Gallery with options on the bottom. Tap Menu > More > Set As > Wallpaper.

6. QueenTiye

QueenTiye New Member

Apr 26, 2010
    #5 QueenTiye, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  7. QueenTiye

QueenTiye New Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Another question

OK - email is one thing, but shouldn't there be a way to do it from the USB connection? If you transfer pictures from your pc to your sd card, shouldn't there be a way to access those pictures? is there a particular folder that you should send pictures to?? (Camera, maybe?)

QT

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Your droid will function as a flash drive. After you plug in the usb to your PC, pull down the notification panel on your phone and select mount. Then from the computer you can manage your files how ever you wish.

9. QueenTiye

QueenTiye New Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Ok, I'm sorry not to be following you, but, you're saying I can manage the files from the computer. That part I understand, but once the files are on the DROID, how do I use them ON the DROID? That is, how do I get them to show up in the gallery, use them to make wallpapers, etc.?

QT

10. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Put them in the proper folders ... not on the root of the card. Also "Astro" file manager from the market is a good app for finding and organizing files on the phone.