1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid being EOL'd

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Jul 15, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

well, it had a good run, but the time has come for it to be put to rest, and make way for its brother/cousin or some sort of relative to replace it, the Droid X & Droid 2.

of course i am talking about the Moto Droid, BGR is reporting that the original Moto Droid is being EOL'd by verizon.

[​IMG]

with what seems like 10 new devices coming out or being announced a day, it was only a matter of time.

on the list are a few other devices;
    Gateway LT2016U (netbook)
    Motorola Devour and DROID
    Nokia Twist
    BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Samsung Knack, Smooth, Intensity, and Saga

here is the BGR link

so what do you think? to soon or just in time for the Droid 2

2. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I don't understand. The Droid is still a great phone! I got mine before the X and 2 came out in July this year. VZW really pisses me off about this.

Okay. What does that mean for a Droid user?

LOL!! I just saw this!!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    There will always be support for the original droid within the community long after it is EOL'd, just if you have insurance and you break it you will probably get something else.

5. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I didn't mean to panic. LOL!

I have found that if I need a problem solved, I can always depend on the folks at Everything Droid just as always depended on EQ and EBerry.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You know it!!

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I would be confused if I owned a BlackBerry.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.