1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Cases

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 7, 2009.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Anyone see what Droid cases were available at either Verizon or Best Buy? I'm sure our Android Store will carry Droid cases, but it'll take some time before anything is in stock.

On my VZW online checkout, they offered me a few options. I was so focused on checking out, that I glossed over that part of the checkout.

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Not much out there other than the generic one at best buy. But, I will keep looking. I will soon be getting a Droid also !!! I talked VZW into an early upgrade but, I do have to wait until the 15th cuz thats when my one year date is up. I sure hope they dont go on back order before then. Also I wont get the NE2 bonus but will get it for $199 so I can't complain too much. :thumbup:

oh and by the way ... I read somewhere to stay away from cases with magnets as the might put it in "dock mode"

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. familyvalues2020

familyvalues2020 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I bought the blue gel\plastic case.

Its really just going to prevent external scratches, I dont expect it to take any damage for me. it IS well made and doesnt get in the way...but.. I got it because im a UK fan and its blue, it doesnt serve a real purpose other than scratches.

5. TedETGbiz

TedETGbiz New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Belt clip case for Droid

I currently have an old Motorola Q, and the belt clip case (from eBay) works well because it protects the face of the phone (keyboard faces inward). I am constantly reaching for it, so other kinds of cases don't work well. Any news on this kind of case for the Droid? I haven't seen one yet...

Thanks!
    :dft012:wink

6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    I got a case from VZW when i bought the accessories pack like the car charger the case and the car dock (which is amazing for those of you that dont have it yet get one asap)

The phone case however i used for like a day and it makes the phone too clunky so i opted against it :) i like the phone just the way it is. not afraid of scratching metal ;)

7. TedETGbiz

TedETGbiz New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Metal will get scratched, but the Droid seems sturdy. My concern is the screen. My current belt clip has the screen facing in and is very quick to clip in and out.

The Droid is too heavy for a pocket, so this is a "must have" requirement. Just wondering if anyone has seen one of these yet-- nothing like this so far on eBay, for instance.

8. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    The case verizon sold me is meant for the droid and its a belt clip for the droid and you can face the screen inwards if you would like or outwards just like you used to with the Q i know because i used to have the original Q for a very long time haha.

9. TedETGbiz

TedETGbiz New Member

Apr 24, 2008
  10. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I carry mine in my pocket, anything I ever carried on my belt ends up getting caught on things and breaking so I only have my work pager there.
    I have the clear plastic case that snaps on the top and bottom verizon sold me but I already had to take it off because it was getting dirt under it.

11. slumlord

slumlord New Member

Oct 17, 2008
  12. jonesboy6

jonesboy6 New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    cases?

Chris, I tried a couple different ones from the verizon store and took em back and settled for now on the blue plastic cover for strictly looks and the leather pouch that clips on the belt. it doesn't have a magnet and latches with velcro. I'm happy with this combo for now until more products become available!

13. teddyearp

Bronze

May 21, 2009
    I bought the face in belt clip when I ordered my droid. VZW SKU MOTA855HOL. I've always had this type for all my phones, even used the one that came with my Nap.

14. whoyadady

whoyadady New Member

Mar 22, 2007
    I talked to the guy at best Buy he had a HTC case for his droid. It looks like it fit pretty good.

15. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    sensitivity?

Has anyone who bought a cover have any kind of sensitivity issues? Is the response of the touch screen the same or slower?

16. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    I purchased on Ebay a leather case & car charger for $5.99 and paid $9.99 for 2 day shipping. About $15....not bad.

17. EliseMe

EliseMe New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I bought the Body Glove case and like it. I particularly like that the phone can easily be removed from the clip, so you don't have to unclip it from your belt/purse to use or answer. The top part of the case (basically a bezel that goes around the screen) can be put on backwards; you want the thinner side where the keyboard slides out. Also, the phone will not work with the media dock or the car mount if in a case, which I see as a serious flaw. The case does not cover the screen; you need the separate screen protectors for that.

I bought the screen protectors from Verizon and haven't had any sensitivity issues. Be advised that the corner radii on the top edge of the protector are less than that of the phone, so if you are exact in your placement, relative to the straight edges of the phone, the top corners will get caught on the frame of the screen. Grrr.