1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Charge battery life awful

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Salil Surendran, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Salil Surendran

Bronze

Aug 24, 2011

Sponsored Ad

I bought a Samsung Droid Charge and battery life barely last 10 hrs with Wi-Fi and GPS turned off. I have the display set at 1 minute. But I don't use the phone that much during the day. The battery usage say it is the display that has used the maximum amount of power but the brightness is set to a very minimal level. Email notifications are set to every 15 minutes. The only thing left is to turn off mobile data.

2. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Is this your first smartphone?
    That battery life sounds about right for a newer phone.

sent from somewhere

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Salil Surendran

Bronze

Aug 24, 2011
    No but my iphone used to last for atleast 2 days without charge

5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    My phone can do 60 hours on standby and 8-10 hours full usage.

My tablet can standby for a week.

Root and kernel FTW.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    root and kernel INDEED FTW!!

Yes, stock battery life on androids arent really that great. Fortunatly for developers there are ways to get such things. I recommend looking into root and kernels. Even moreso Id recommend looking into Cyanogen rom. I doubt tho that its made for your phone just yet but trust me its worth the wait.

7. BikerBoy

BikerBoy New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    i turn off 4g and my battery life is great, only have 4g on when i need internet connection
    , I wana root my android but this is my first android phone " apple fan boy till now" can someone please recommend something safe and noob guided descrebtion

8. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

May 13, 2007
    This is supposed to be the easiest method. I am going to try this myself this weekend (or I hope to).

9. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

May 13, 2007
    [credit to chadness over at AC for the write-up]

• Like Like x 1
  10. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Wow! You could off just left a link ;)

sent from somewhere

11. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

May 13, 2007
    Well I didn't really want to link to another forum... some here might find that info useful too!

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

May 13, 2007
    The process I posted worked flawlessly. As long as you can follow directions then anyone can do this in very little time. Let me know if you run into any troubles.

13. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

Samsung phones are attached with very poor battery. I have stopped every data usage and default apps running through the task manager, but still the battery lasts only for 7-8 hours. my nexus is totally new, brought just a week ago.
    Galaxy series phones have very poor standard batteries.