1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid goes on mute automatically during call...anyone else??

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by gwhzz35, Jan 7, 2010.

1. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007

Sponsored Ad

So I noticed when I use my earpiece during a call, it'll just auto-mute after about 10 mins of conversation. When I turn Mute off, again in 10 mins it goes back on again...WTH?? Anyone else experience this?

2. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    what end is mute? Is your end mute or the other end?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I always pull my battery while the phone is on first. It amazes me how many times this fixes stuff. Its worth a try.:dft012:wink

5. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    My end is Mute. When I hit the power button for the screen to come back on. Mute is clicked on. Yes I've tried removing the battery/hard booting/cold booting/etc...still doesn't resolve it.

Today, I noticed I tried killing all my apps then go on a call and voila no problems. So it maybe an app that's causing this. Just can't figure out which one.

6. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Sounds like the problem I was having. I had a call recording app installed that made my phone go mute. After I uninstalled the problem was fixed. I also had the phone go mute after using headphones. This is a more a general problem I still have. Sometimes if I disconnect my headphones the app I was using along with everything else goes mute. The speaker doesn't work at all. No sound for apps, no sound for calls. I have to reinsert the headphones and remove to have the speaker come back on. It doesn't happen too often but its just a little fustrating.

7. DanielPW

DanielPW New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I am having a similar problem. After talking on the phone for about 10 minutes my end of the conversation goes mute. I'm not having any luck un-muting the conversation with the mute button. So far the only way I can fix it is to hang up & call back.

Any suggestions?

8. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
    Never had a problem with my BT set in a call. I would definitely look into what apps are connected with phone calls, and see if disabling any of them fixes the problem.

9. lorisue6

lorisue6 New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    YES always!

Almost every time I am on the phone, suddenly I hear the person saying "hello, hello" but they can't hear me. I cannot figure out how to get back to the call and change anything. This is SO frustrating. I have to put the call on speaker phone and it is fine so I must be hitting something with my ear.
    sugestions would be greatly appreciated!

10. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
  11. juliusmoreland

juliusmoreland New Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Motorola Droid screen turns on, mutes, hangs up, fails - during calls!

This is unacceptable Motorola! Check this out:

This is the replacement phone from Motorola after we tried all of the updates and master reset fixes. During a call the screen turns back on when it should stay off. All the buttons are active, so calls are muted, ended, or other buttons are pressed - all during the call! This is not acceptable. This phone should foremost work as phone for voice conversations, and secondarily as a *smart* phone for apps and services.

12. peeweediamond

peeweediamond New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I used to have that problem (which is the fact that your face, ear, etc. presses the mute button). The way I got around it is to hit the "screen off" button (top right side of the phone). Now, if you want to be advanced, you can hit the "home" button first and then hit the screen off button. I agree that it shouldn't be this way, but it is (grin).