1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid GPS issues

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by mike1655, Nov 7, 2009.

1. mike1655

mike1655 New Member

Nov 7, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Is there anyone out there having trouble with the new droid GPS picking up satellites. I have spoken to the verizon and the motorola people about this issue. They gave me a new phone and even they could not get the GPS to work while standing in the parking lot.

2. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Mine seemed to take a while, it was way off when I bought it and wehn I got back to work but later in the evening it was really accurate, I'm guessing its like my handheld garmin where it has to update the satalite almanic if its not been on in a while.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. diord

diord New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    having the same problem here . mine is off by a couple of miles from my house. it wont connect when im in my truck either so the navigation is useless . im going back to verizon to see what they say :016:upset

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    No QuickGPS app like on the Ozone?

6. diord

diord New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    i just got off the phone with tech support, they said it was known problem since the release of the phone and as of now they dont have a fix for it other than to make sure that GPS is enabled on the phones settings and to wait a few days to see if they have an update for it and call them back if its not working.

7. diord

diord New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    it finally connected to satellites yesterday afternoon and worked the rest of the night but today its back to not connecting . :dft007:angry

8. Ed ke6bnl

Ed ke6bnl New Member

Nov 17, 2009

Mine can take a few minutes to several minutes then when it does it works fine, too bad it eats up so much battery that you can not leave it on. ED I seem to accurate when it has locked on. ED