1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Multi-media Dock Review (Mobility Today)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Neutrino, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009

Sponsored Ad

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Looks like a pretty sweet dock, yeah im pretty pumped for the car dock a tad more than this one but it does look cool.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    does the car dock come with?

5. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Don't think the car dock comes with the phone but I will def spend the 30 bux on it, i know how much of a pain my saga was to get a damn holder for that actually worked, and this automatically puts it into car mode for gps usage which is awesome.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thats great!!

7. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    yeah ill def post some updates during the weekend on how i'm enjoying the phone compared to winmo's saga.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    absolutely
    looking forward to it

9. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
    These are great, but since the docks use magnets to open the two screens, I figure I could make my own. Engadget posted a video of a guy who used buckyball magnets to fool the DROID into opening the station screens, so I'll probably copy that technique.

But hey, I'm a college student - frugal is my deal.

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    interested to see what you come up with

11. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Ditto! Personally i'll be getting the dock just because its easy.

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    well yea i would buy it to
    but if i were in college i would probably try to make something too:dft010:big_smile

13. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    That sucks that there isn't a line out. I really want one of these but wonder if I should wait and see if someone makes one with an audio line out.

14. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Can you still access the headphone jack when its docked ? I have a pair of bose room mate speakers that rock !!! Or could just run it into my surround sound system or even the pc. I am just thinking maybe it dont need a line out. :032:question

6 more days !!!

15. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Not sure. Definitely something to look into. Right now I am using an adapter from the headphone jack to my stereo system. It works but the adapter is cheap and the sound is far from perfect. I would love to have a line out since I have good quality stereo cables already. I guess if the jack is still accessible I could just buy a better adapter

16. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Ok so according to comments left on a youtube video I just watched you can still use the headphone jack. I'm really surprised they didn't equip it with a line out. As I was watching though I thought of something else. Since the speaker is located on the back I wonder how the audio quality is affected. When I'm surfing the web and playing music I notice that the sound changes according to where my hands are in relation to the speaker. Sometimes I get a louder sound which may or may not be good or I get kind of a echo affect sometimes too. Has anyone noticed this with the Droid in the dock?

17. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    technically the headphone jack is a line out. i plugged it into my aux port in my car and can now listen to pandora on the road.

yes, you can easily access the headphone jack while it's in the dock.

18. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    hahaha, that will be good. I came from the Saga and I so dearly wish to forget about it

19. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    This is exactly what I do, except with last.fm. Works great and only dropped a song once

20. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Mine is in the dock now. Connected to my Bose speakers. Watching a Mika video on YouTube...

Bari is drooling! :dft012:wink

21. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    So is the alarm clock a separate app, it doesn't tie into the calendar so it can wake me up on work days but not the weekend (when the three year old two legged alarm clock wakes me up).
    If its somewhat integrated I could see using it but if its something I still have to set the alarm each night then I can't see using it. I'm not a big fan of docks already, a couple camera makers lost me as a customer when the digicam I liked required a dock to get the pictures off, it would be just one more thing needed when traveling.