1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid OTA Upgrade today?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Dec 7, 2009.

1. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Lol ... I was just trying to be funny refferencing my pre-Droid count down. I am in no hurry. Might just have to stop at the bar tonight and wait for my update. :005:snicker

2. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Forgive me if this wasnt answered already but why arent you just updating your phone manually? it does work :dft012:wink if ur scared like i was you shouldnt be it works great.

Or is it that you just like having a countdown :dft011:tounge_out

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    I haven't tried any root apps yet; all I've done is so far is used the terminal emulator to disable the nuisance apps.

I would imagine that they should work, aside from perhaps needing to be updated for the Droid/Android 2.0 like some of the other Market apps need(ed) to be...

5. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    ... probably concerned after reading DroidDoes's posts...

6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Yeah i was concerned after reading it but jester pushed me off the cliff and im happy I took the leap :dft010:big_smile so far :dft002:zombie

7. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Amen to that! =)

8. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    Can this upgrade occur at any time during the day ? What if it happens when you are asleep, will it wait for you to wake up ?

9. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    The Mad Jester is rocking a rooted phone! Yehaw!

hahahaha, you are your countdowns.

i just downloaded a screen capture app (drocap2) for rooted devices and it works great. after you give it root access that is. but now i can take screen caps of my Droid.

watch, come tomorrow, dragonfly will be literally trying to push me over a cliff for screwing up his phone. :005:snicker

10. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    here is a pic of me writing this post from my droid.

#89 TheMadJester, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  11. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    lol... that's pretty cool..
    What app is it that puts the temp up top ?

I have not read up on the whole rooting thing yet. Been busy I guess.

#90 gnath9, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  12. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Jester how did you do that? is that a screen shot app with the rooted phone?

as for gnath's question thats weather bug :)

13. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    yup, drocap2 for rooted phones, uploaded to picasa and then posted to the thread all on my droid.

yes, weather bug.

14. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Woooo whooooo!!!!!!!
    I went to the bar and just got my update !!!
    Only took 5 hours.

15. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    Here's a problem after the update

Got the update this morning. Was showing-off my phone and the "System Tutorial" stopped working. I press the "begin" key and nada, it just clicks and nothing happens. No biggie but it weakened my rap on the phone.:016:upset

16. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Nothing can weaken the rap on the droid its the best phone out there as voted by time mag :) when people talk smack i just smile and walk away because those are the people that wont accept defeat :dft012:wink

17. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    These were not iphone people or nay-sayers.
    They were people thinking of getting the Droid. I guess they figured you would not need the tutorial if you were already upto getting the upgrade. I wonder if new phones with the upgrade will have a broken tutorial too.

18. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    ah ok. yeah i didnt bother looking at the tutorial never look at manuals or tutorials just learn by doing :)

19. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    my tutorial works fine. and i force updated my droid 3 times, the last time i also rooted it. besides the tutorial is just one page of telling you how to scroll with your finger, press and long press. that's it.

20. ranjo105

Bronze

Nov 29, 2009
    Agreed. I just would like to have everything working, it makes me feel good, but it is of little use at this point except to show to those poor people who are not droid owners...

21. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    have you tried rebooting the phone? maybe it just needs a good boot. get it? like a kick?