1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Over the Air Update Coming

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Neutrino, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Per Phandroid:

The Motorola Droid was launched less than a week ago but we’re already eying a December 11th OTA update that will cure a defined list of software issues. Defined by who, you ask? Verizon Wireless themselves. An anonymous tipster has sent us an internal 5-page document detailing problems with the Droid, something they claim was furnished to all Verizon Tech Support reps. The tipster claims a December 11th OTA update will fix the problems.

http://phandroid.com/2009/11/09/motorola-droid-and-htc-droid-eris-ota-updates-coming-december-11th/

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    OTA upgrades = thumbs up

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    OTA upgrade sounds cool, however the last upgrade i got from verizon hosed my saga and made the signal strenth on the phone stink.

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    looks like a majority of the issues are with exchange.

that's pretty cool though that they are so quick to update things. i hope this trend will continue and us droid users will be the first to get the newest android updates.

6. EliseMe

EliseMe New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    If they do actually fix the problem with replying to calendar requests received via email (and other exchange issues), I will be a very, very happy camper indeed!

7. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I think google is gonna be on top of anything that pops up. Out of the big three... google has the most riding on this.
    just my thoughts on this.

8. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i agree. it is said that of all the android phones, google had the most input into this one. i think this is googles flagship phone just as much as verizon's.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    here is the Eris OTA info

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    here is what is being fixed in the Droid OTA Upgrade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Droid OTA Info Continued...

[​IMG]

looks like some exchange issues are being resolved as some members have complained about that!

via Phandroid

13. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I don't like the looks of the autofocus one, stating that autofocus may take more than one attempt implies that it will work after more than one attempt but it never does.

14. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i don't know what the big problem is with the camera. it's the same, if not better, then the camera on my omnia. which is the only other 5mp camera on a smartphone i know of. am i wrong?

15. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I am with you coming from my Q9c this could be a Thousand dollar cannon for all I know! :dft012:wink

16. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    hahahahaha, at first i was like "what do giant guns have to do with cameras?"

17. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I do like my Big Guns too but they are gettin a little jealous what with my new toy and all :dft012:wink

18. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Doesn't matter how many MP if it can't focus. You can zoom in on something detailed and see it will go past sharp to blurry then error and let you take the picture. It won't focus where its supposed to. The 2MP camera on the Maxx VE currently takes better pictures

19. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Cell phone pix really aren't my thing but all I have taken so far have looked good to me, I can't say that for my old Q :dft010:big_smile

20. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    true. i found a tutorial somewhere online that shows you how to take a dvd crystal and make it a macro lens for your cell phone. i'm gonna try that and see if it helps.

since i'm a filmmaker i'm more interested in the video feature anyway. i'm developing an idea for a short film that's shot entirely on a camera phone. i'm hoping i can find a video editing app so i can edit it on the camera also.

21. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Yea, the old Q camera was worthless, even though it was 2MP is was so grainy it wasn't useable. I have an old HP 2MP camera that takes pictures so good you can't tell it from a modern 12MP camera. I think the point is the droid camera could be good if it weren't for the focus issue.

Video looks decent, I haven't tried to copy any back to my laptop view yet though, VLC doesn't seem to like that 3g2 format.