1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Over the Air Update Coming

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Neutrino, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009

Sponsored Ad

windows media player will play it. i think VLC is a little overrated myself. but people seem to really love it.

2. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    Windows media player only runs on windows so its kind of useless

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    hahahahahaha! is there another operating system i'm not aware of?
    (this may have gone a little off topic, my apologies)

5. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    A few years ago the cost of ownership of running windows at home got too high. between updating all the MS software and the Av and the anti spyware, the firewall, etc I wasting a good bit of time each night just maintaining my systems rather than doing anything (somewhat) useful such as forums or whatever. I found that after a few days of learning I was just as productive on linux as windows but it takes less than 10% of the maintenance and tinkering as windows so I freed up a lot of time.

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Going off topic is what we do best! This subject came up on EWM lately. 3g2 loses it's audio in most players. How do we convert 3g2 into something useable?

This is a great example of a crossover topic that should show up on both EWM and EA.

7. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    What happened to the update? I can't find any info on it...

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    what do you mean?
    i posted a ton of info on it on previous pages

9. bheidemann

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    haha oh nevermind, I read it as Nov 11th not Dec 11th. My bad

10. GaryL

GaryL New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    A verizon rep told me the release of the updated Droid OS has been pushed back to January. No date given.

GaryL