1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Razr on Pageplus

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Jesus Delgado, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Jesus Delgado

Bronze

Sep 13, 2011

Sponsored Ad

can i use 3g on page plus... i mean like can the pageplus dealer program my phone so that everything works... i don't want to buy a phone and not be able to have 3g... i really don't care about 4g LTE. right now i have the Motorola Atrix 4G and i'm getting up to 5mbps and to be honest thats all i need but i want a phone with a bigger screen and more coverage where i work.. i want to switch from Straight Talk to PagePlus Cellular... so do i have to do anything to the phone before i activate it on PPC or can the PPC Rep do it for me?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I believe that Straight Talk is a GSM network owned by TracFone. The PagePlus system uses the Verizon network, which is a CDMA system.

If the above is true your phone will not be usable on the PagePlus system. They are different technologies.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Jesus Delgado

Bronze

Sep 13, 2011
    yes i know they are different i want to switch from straight talk to pageplus i will port my number to ppc...but im just wondering if i can get 3g on the razr.. like do i have to program anything or can the pageplus dealer program the phone..

Sent from my MB860 using Everything Android

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Is the Droid branded to a particular carrier? Also, which OS is it running?

6. Jesus Delgado

Bronze

Sep 13, 2011
    its branded to verizon but pageplus is a verizon mvno... and ics

Sent from my MB860 using Everything Android

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I believe it will work, but you should verify that with the PagePlus people. I think the Verizon VCast stuff will not work, but the other functions like maps, gps, etc. should work.

You should get the 3G speeds too.