1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid Tracker

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tippytoe, Oct 21, 2010.

1. tippytoe

tippytoe New Member

Oct 21, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Hello everyone-
    I am new here and wanted your take on a couple of things.. I am considering purchasing some kind of software to keep tabs on my high-schooler, on his Android we bought for him. I figure that it is sort of like looking under his bed (that is how I am justifying it anyways). Haha
    Does anyone here have any info on such software?

Please don't berate me for considering it either if you would. I would not use it if the direct approach does not work. Just as looking in their sock drawer if they deny smoking when you think you smell cigarettes, etc.

Thanks TT

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Kind of like parental controls in Windows? What are you looking for?

I haven't seen anything like that. Maybe just look at the phone every few days?

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    hmm...if Lulu had an android I could keep track of her better...like today when I went to give her something at work...she wasnt there! Now everryone at work thinks shes cheating on me lol

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    How'd she get the ankle monitor off without sounding the alarms? ;)

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    i think she chewed on it...I noticed she was limping a little earlier today lol :)

8. dr.teck

dr.teck New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Best Android app for tracking kids, employees, etc.

Hi,

I've read through this thread a while back and then did a little research of my own. There's an app called "Droid Tracker Pro" on the Android Market (the Pro part is important). I installed it on my own phone to track it so I don't lose it AND i installed it on my 9 year-old and 15-year old's phones. I can see EXACTLY where they are on the droid tracker Pro website (http://droidtrackerpro.com) I think it cost under $10

So far I can't recommend it enough. They say there's a feature where you will be SMS'd if your child attempts to disable the app. I don't think feature is released yet but it soundds awesome

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  10. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    Just from the parental standpoint, I randomly drug test, read instant message logs and routinely check texts openly my daughter is aware and we have a great relationship.the sooner everyone realizes that teens are crazy and need parental involvement the happier the world will be. Yes they need trust & independence but in small doses and plenty of follow through.don't be sneaky. Just explain that you're the parent and you pay the bill.

~Softspirits~ swyped from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Hear hear (even though I have no kids, I love this and have told my wife I plan to do the same thing some day)

12. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    It's all about parenting. Be a parent. Even if you have to confiscate the phone and investigate what is on the phone you have the right to do so. As long as you are paying the phone bill, you pull the purse strings.

My kids have their freedom, but not at the cost of safety and the law. They know that at any moment I can and will turn their rooms upside down, that even goes for my 19 year old who still lives at home. Everything that goes on in your home and with your minor children is your responsibility. Do what ever it takes.

13. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Random drug tests, Dee? Wow! Bari is 8 hours away at school, but we also have a great relationship (most is the time). She has no interest in drinking or drugs. Last year she called me to pick her up when friends were drinking! New Years eve this year? She was invited out with friends. Nope. Had one friend come with us to my sisters house.

Gotta trust them a bit....Oh...I know someone who secretly installed mIQ on hubby's phone and she monitors all pictures and texts from desktop....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

14. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    Hear hear,madame!

Sent from my Desire HD using Everything Android App

15. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    Technology has created two types people, those who trust everyone and those who trust no one.

16. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Nope. I trust those who earn it!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

17. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    Exactly earning trust is so huge! I an lucky, my kaila is very good and Ihave only dished out three tests in the past three years, but she passed them and that goes a long way in maintaining that trust. We had a small trust hiccup with this most recent boyfriend, which has taken us back a few steps, but we are recovering nicely. Contrary to what they say, they want parental involvement and desperately need it.

~Softspirits~ swyped from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app

18. sumitrst

sumitrst New Member

Apr 17, 2012
    I use one called Location Tracker. Its free in the market. I only used it once so I cant comment too much on it but it seemed to work good.

19. Erick Kincaid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2011