1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid X compared to iPhone

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by kyle.is.happy, Jul 31, 2010.

1. kyle.is.happy

kyle.is.happy New Member

Jul 31, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I know that you people with KILL me for saying the word "Iphone" here, but the question is this. For the Iphone I know that you could block the web browsing and youtube but still use the app's that use the web, such as FACEBOOK, PANDORA, FANDANGO, and so on so forth. But could I do that for the DROID even if that means hacking it? thanks!

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    whats the point of this phone if you block the web and youtube?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    the only thing that i am familier with is called APNdroid which disables all of your data for the phone. I dont know if theres an option in the settings that will limit what you use but I hope that this helps.

5. kyle.is.happy

kyle.is.happy New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    this is why

I work with kids alot and I dont want some thing to happen that with them on then web looking at stuff that they shouldn't, and that also goes for youtube. thats all. I also have dumb funs that I'm afraid that they'll do some thing in that vain just to make me look like a chump. So if I could block web use and youtube, yet still use the app's that use's the internet indirectly that would be great. Thanks!

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    did you try the APNdroid yet?