1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Droid X Squared

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by My-Q, Jun 4, 2011.

1. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Jan 23, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I picked up a new Droid x2 today. I'm frankly loving it coming from my Droid. So far so good. It seems to be a good device. What you would expect from Motorola.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    A lot of people don't like Motorola phones. I am not one of them.

My daughter had the Razr, I had the original Q, now my OG Droid, and she has the Droid 2.

I am eligible for NE2 upgrade next month. Probably wont use it yet, but chances are it may be the Droid 3....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    I bet its a BEAST!

5. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    I have always loved Motorola phones. The only other phones I have ever used were a Blackberry and a few LG flips.

I am satisfied with my X2 so far. I have one issue with it and that is not being able to change the bottom widgets. That is only minor. I just want to replace the camera 'button.' In my pocket, I hardly notice it. Not near as heavy as my Droid.

A beast? Well...LOL!

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Nice upgrade, glad you are enjoying it!

7. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    What happens when you drag another app icon on top of the camera one? Does it replace the camera?

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

• Like Like x 1
  8. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    OMG! You Da person! That worked.

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    dang son! dual core processor!
    (y)

10. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    It's quick especially when scrolling through the apps list. Some apps still load slow. Firefox is almost useless it loads so slow. Dolphin HD is the same, but loads faster but searches slower. Dolphin Mini is much better. The pages load faster and you can flick around the pages quickly. Oh course, the default browser works great. Angry Birds loads really quick!

I have noticed that when you are downloading apps the back of the phone gets hot. Not hot to the touch, but you can feel is warming up as the processors 'spin.' On days when I am lounging around the house, I can go two days without a charge. When I am out and about, however, I have to charge it daily. That is normal for almost all smartphones.

Overall, I would say that the Droid X2 is a great phone. Honestly, in someways though, at times it runs equally as fast as my Droid did.

P.S.

My wife said that if I even thing about hacking this phone she's taking away my X2 and giving me a Razr 3Vm. LOL!

11. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    what she doesnt know wont hurt her :censored:

12. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
  13. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Yes, a pink V3m.

14. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    tough guys wear pink

just ask n99hockey :notworthy:

15. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    Real men wear pink not use a pink phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Everything Android

• Like Like x 1
  16. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    The X2 looks sweet, but no upgrade at the moment. By the time I am eligible for one, hopefully X3 will be coming out.

17. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I have found that I my EA shortcut does not stay on my 'desktop'

Sent from my DROID X2 using Everything Android

18. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Even with the dual processor, my wife's iPhone4 is faster. I mean, a lot faster. I realize this is "apples" and oranges, but you would think that the X2 would be quicker.

19. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Yep! This IS the same person. LOL!

20. KELLEYTH

KELLEYTH New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I have a question concerning Firefox. In order for me to use my DroidX2 (not my favorite, I actually preferred my original Droid) for teaching an online class (its nice to be able to grade papers when I am out and about) I need to have Firefox. I noticed on their website that Firefox is available for the DroidX2, but it wont install. Im not finding it in the Market at all! Any ideas? HELP?

21. My-Q

My-Q New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    I use Firefox. It is available at the Market and for download. (I just looked.)

Sorry it took so long to get this back. Life calls...