1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Duplicate Icon

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Dec 23, 2009.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

so i got the wife an Eris yesterday, and installed Google Voice for her yesterday it was all gravy...today i was on the phone and there are 2 Google Voice icons where yesterday there was one....

i held down the icon and dragged it to remove and i go back to the icon menu and there it is again...2 Google Voice icons

any thoughts?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    no one?!?:dft006:unhappy

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Did you try deleting both icons and then re-boot ?
    I have not seen anything like that and have no answer but,....

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    well as soon as i delete the one it takes me right to the HTC main screen and then as soon as i go back to the program list its there...so its not like i can remove both at the same time

i suppose i could uninstall and reinstall

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Are you sure one isn't in the "drawer" and one on the actual homescreen? I use a homscreen replacement (Panda) for the extra screens, and because it allows me to hide icons I don't want to see because I don't use them...

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    one is on the homescreen (with the htc clock) and there are 2 in the 'drawer' or program list
    if i knew how to take a screen shot i would show you

havent really had time to mess with it yet

8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Taking screenshots is a royal PITA. These directions helped (and were pretty idiot proof, as I was able to do it...) ;)

http://www.knowyourcell.com/motorol...o_take_screenshots_of_the_motorola_droid.html

If I see anything else, I will let you know. Also, there are some homescreen replacement apps that enable you to take shots directly from the phone, but only of homescreens...Only reason I would want to root the phone is to get an easier method of taking screenshots.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    so i just uninstall and reinstalled and there is only 1 icon again...lets see how it goes

thanks for the link sherri