1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

DX freezing up.

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dgray636, May 28, 2011.

1. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Over the past few days, my DX has been doing it's best ice cube impersonation. I recently downloaded a couple of new apps. I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it, but removed them anyway. Still doing it. Tried unrooting, and no joy. Running CM 6. Any ideas?

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    having it rooted shouldnt make a difference in why it freezes up. Try restarting your phone. Check your memory and see if you are running low. Also see if there is an update to your Rom, sometimes new releases fixes freeze issues. If you do this make sure you clear dalivik.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    as far as i know cyanogenmod has not been made for droid x
    http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices

you can however update to the official gingerbread for the dx, im sure you will have a much better time

5. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I thought I was running CM6. I know I downloaded it. And I still haven't been able to download gingerbread. Also, memory was fine. If this keeps too much longer, I may have to wipe.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

6. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Check ur about screen

7. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Yeah, I know what to do. Keeps giving me the "You device is up to date" message.

8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Think he meant "check your device" to find exactly which OS you are running....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Bingo.... check ur about screen to see if you really are running cm6. Also what boot logo comes up when u power on the phone? Im about 99% sure u are not running cm6 unless of course u got some inside connection

Sent from da offish'

10. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Systerm version .340, android version 2.2.1

11. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    i havent seen that in a while, but i think thats stock froyo.........what is the first thing that flashes on your screen when u power it on?
    also in the about screen tell me what radio version u are running

12. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    but then again it cant be stock froyo if u havent gotten the update notification. Ahh but that is because you have rooted..... would you like me to link u to the gingerbread update procedure?

If you do u will have to reinstall all of your apps manually

13. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    originally posted by metaphaze: (Thanks for this service man!!!)

If you want live support, or you want to help, please join us at
    irc.rizon.net
    #droidx
    New to IRC? Windows users download and install mIRC client and connect to server irc.rizon.net. Once connected type /join #droidx
    Linux users download and install xchat, connect to irc.rizon.net server and join #droidx
    Hope to see you there!

14. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Probably original. I thought one night I went into rom manager, and downloaded what was labeled as cm6. I could have been mistaken. But I froze up 2 more times last night, and said screw it. I wiped, and things are working better.

15. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Cool but just so u know my phone is running much better than it ever was on froyo. .596 is rooted and deodexed in case u were wondering

Sent from da offish'

16. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I am going to wait a couple more days. They said it was going to be a gradual rollout. Maybe next weekend, if I get bored, and don't have it by then, I will go then.

17. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    That it's is supposedly gonna be VERY locked down in comparison to the one P3droid has released

Sent from da offish'