1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Efficiency question

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Andriod Newbie, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Actually two questions. One..if my battery is running low...but not yet in the red, does it effect performance making my phone run slower? It seems like i have periods of slower performance and trying to figure out why.

Second..is it really helpful to deplete the battery completely every so often?

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Everything Android

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I can tell you that as a rule lithium ion batteries do NOT like to be discharged below 10%-20%. That can actually damage them and shorten their life.

I do not know if the Androids come with LiIon though. I am going to assume they do, but please verify.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    How do i find out if it is lithium? I love metro PCs prices but not customer service!

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    It is LiIon. Look in your manual.

Sent from my EVO using Everything Android

6. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    Ok..i know right where it is...thanks for confirming the kind...lol...

7. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I don't seem to notice any diminished performance in relation to discharging of the battery. If you have been doing a lot and caused a rapid discharge, it could be a cache issue.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

8. Andriod Newbie

Bronze

Dec 10, 2011
    Ok, this is probably obvious...how can i remove the cache?

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Most cache cleaners need root access, but you can go to main screen /menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all. From here, I always tap menu and sort by size. When this loads, tap each app. You should see option to clear cache.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk