1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Eliminate metadata on music files?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by James Frosty, Nov 26, 2012.

1. James Frosty

James Frosty New Member

Nov 26, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Im a little confused.
    In the forum lists i didnt see anything related to android phones not made by mtorolla, htc, or samsung.
    what about LG and others?

Im looking for help on something and im not sure what forum to go to.
    I have an LG optimus M (the package said optimus M+ but nobody seems to recognize the +)
    anyway, its running gingerbread but idk if my question is specifically related to the OS or not.

here goes:

Im looking for a way to eliminate the metadata of the music files (mp3, mp4, etc) on my android.
    I want to eliminate album sorting.
    basically im looking to just pick an artist, hit play, and hear everything from that artist.

anyone know how i can do this?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Take a look at MixZing. Can play all songs by an artist.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    So does most players other than stock. My favorite is TuneWiki...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Oh, and James Frosty, I didn't mean to ignore the metadata editing request. If the player allows for what you mentioned do you still want to remove all metadata?

Keep in mind that almost every system adds metadata and some you can see, but some is invisible and cannot be edited or removed by the average user. Unless you have a neighbor who admits they work at the NSA....Of course if they admit that they won't be working there for long....Hmmmmmm.

Anyway, there are many programs that can remove ID3 tags and those would be used on a PC. Let us know if you are looking for more than just being able to play all music by an artist.

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Hi Sherri. Thanks for the info. It was my understanding that many players can display all albums by an artist, but not all play all the music, they just play each album separately. I haven't ever looked for that option so I really don't know for sure.

I understand the stock player with JellyBean has finally provided a better experience. Maybe members with JB can confirm or deny.