1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Email delete from server

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I'm trying to help someone out on another site so I'm asking here:
    John is deleting his emails on his phone, specifically because he is running out of memory when this happens he cannot send our receive text messages. When he deletes his email the email is deleted from the server which he doesn't wasn't done. He has the box checked to prevent this from happening but it still does.any thoughts?

Beta

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    how is he using as his email account?

i have a pop acct set up on my phone as well and have unchecked that box and they stay on the server when i delete emails

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    He's using his email through go daddy. He said that the blackberry he used previously never did this so its not a server issue...am I answering your question correctly or missing it. :/

Beta

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Actually I thought I read somewhere that there were issues with go daddy

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I read that too but why would it affect only the droid and not the bb? (assuming that's the issue)

Beta

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Could be they don't support Android 100%. My host provides me the info to get my email setup on Android but they say if there are any issues they don't support Android.

8. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I would say to just get a gmail account and forward all accounts to the gmail. This is what I have done and all my mail get pushed to my Droid also all my mail stays on its original servers. The account can be set up so nobody even knows you are sending from a gmail account. (just my thoughts)