1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

email totally confusing to me

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by bbodenstein, Dec 26, 2009.

1. bbodenstein

bbodenstein New Member

Dec 26, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Perhaps someone can help. Just purchased Motorola Droid and will keep it if I can process my email on it otherwise can't justify. Phone salesperson set up a gmail acct for me and said I could now link up to 10 other email addresses to it. Up to now I have been using Outlook 2007 and have several email addressed defined there. I have only marginal sucess in getting any of the existing email to show up on the droid. I am not a dummy with computers but I am going around in circles on this. Why does Droid have email and gmail apps? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I came from windows mobile and snyc'd with outlook 2007 as well. I am just a home user by the way... this is what I did.

I exported my contacts in cvs format to my desktop. Then I imported that file to gmail and all my contacts showed up instantly on my Droid. Since gmail is a push mail account I chose to forward my other email addresses to gmail to get that push effect instead of polling on time intervals. I also left copies on the other mail servers. So now when I open my outlook with my original cox.net mail gets downloaded to my laptop. I have a total of four email accounts all being pushed to my phone thru gmail. I like this setup because I did'nt have to notify anyone of the change but, I can also use outlook on the PC. You can also export/import your calendar this same way.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    Hey gnath, did all your "notes" transfer over to the droid along with the contacts or just the contacts? Just curious, as my brother is wanting to get away from his BB, but is scared that he will not be able to sync over his 1000+ contacts with all of his contact notes as well.

thanks in advance,
    Alan

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Don't know if this helps, bu I did it the same way as gnath, and all my "notes" from the Outlook contacts synced to Droid as well...