1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Embedded HD videos cant see

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by androidted, Jan 7, 2012.

1. androidted

androidted New Member

Jan 7, 2012

Sponsored Ad

hi,

I purchased a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 for my father in laws xmas and his key requirement was to watch his local football teams web videos. Unfortunately i cant seethem on my tablet. I can see the non hd ones but not the more recent hd ones, and i also cannot see them on my daubhters lenovo android 3.1 tab either.

The url is

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/video/match-278/stirling-albion/

Basically i see the first image and then it all goes blank. I have the most recent version of flash and other videos work fine.

I think it may bean android problem given thatit doesnt work on two devices.

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I tried your link and had the same result. Played on my laptop, but not the HTC EVO.

Not sure I would classify it as an Android problem though. Do you have an iPhone or a BlackBerry to try it on? Oh, that's right they don't play Flash. Could just be their encoding is looking for a particular version of Flash not available with mobile versions.

I guess it could be an Android problem in the sense it doesn't have the required codecs or something. I would lean more to it being a mobile device problem or that the site hasn't set the HD versions up to be compatible with mobile devices. Maybe it is the HD encoding.

Wish I could offer more.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Another possibility is the speed of our connections may not be fast enough. I do not have 4G service here. Do you?

You should drop a note to the webmaster there and see if they can provide some insight.....

5. androidted

androidted New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    steve thanks. i amconnected via wifi so theconnection is fairly strong.. in fact i do have an iphone 4 and and an ipad2 which imho arefar superior to anything ive seen with the samsung galaxy tab and the lenovo tab - but thats a seperate topic all together!

ted