1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Errors in file transfer between PC and Tab (windows 8.1 and Android 4.2.2) via USB

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by xaphar, Sep 21, 2014.

1. xaphar

xaphar New Member

Aug 10, 2014

Sponsored Ad

[​IMG]

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I have no idea what you are trying to say with all those links that do not work.

Looks like your post is actually an image as nothing can be highlighted or copied.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. xaphar

xaphar New Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Links are actually a screenshot, who helps you to understand. Links are working fine. I can not paste link here as the Forum policies are not permitting. Links addresses are case sensitive. I have checked it again. It will work.
    Please help.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Well, it is official. I still have no idea what you want help with.

Near as I can tell you are saying when you connect your phone to your laptop via USB cord you see folders in Windows Explorer, but you can't access or copy the files inside folders? I don't know if you are referring to certain folders/files or if it is all folders and files in the folders.

When you connected the first time, did Windows load drivers for your tablet so it recognizes it? Do you see the tablet listed as a drive in Windows Explorer? Are there files you can access, but others you cannot? Are the files you can't access Android system files, music, pictures, or what?

When I connect my phone to the laptop I see it as a drive with the device memory and the SD Card listed as separate storage devices.

I have not connected my tablet to my PC, but I would imagine it should be pretty similar.....

#4 stevetaz, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    And the links you claim are included to help us understand.......We cannot click on them to connect nor can we copy and paste to enter into a browser so as far as we are concerned they do not work.

If you think anyone is going to try reading your links and typing them manually into a browser I think it is doubtful.

I tried looking for information on your Saphir Tablet, but everything is see indicates they are made by a German company, but everything is in German.

Finally, older versions of Android's OS (GingerBread) used the Mass Storage protocol to read files and that had to be enabled in order to "see" the files on a PC, but newer versions use MTP (text) and PTP (pictures) as you indicated you were trying. You indicate you have 4.2.2, which is JellyBean, correct? That should use the PTP and MTP protocols.

See if you can answer the questions posed and maybe try describing screens instead of posting links that must be manually typed in by others.

7. Keith Bouckley

Keith Bouckley New Member

Nov 9, 2011
    I also have had usb problems transferring files etc and my answer was to use Droid over wifi.

Very easy to use run app on tablet then use browser on pc to use tablet ip and port number shown on tab e.g. 192.168.1.1:8080 and you are straight in. Alternately use root explorer so that you can change properties to RW

Keith

8. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Better use Airdroid and transfer it without any wire, by just using the Wifi.