1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Export/Copy E-mail from Phone to PC

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by compstuff, Sep 22, 2013.

1. compstuff

compstuff New Member

Sep 22, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Hello All... I did some searches but couldn't seem to find an clear answer on this issue. On my phone I use my GoDaddy SMTP email account but I am setting up a new laptop and would like to get the e-mails in the "sent" folder of the phone into my Outlook client on my new laptop. I would have thought this would be easy but I can't figure out how.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are they not in the sent folder of the email account? You should be able to set up the GoDaddy mail through Outlook. Take a look here and see if that GoDaddy support article helps.

Not sure how the phone plays into the mix unless you are deleting at the server once loaded to your Android?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. compstuff

compstuff New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Thanks for responding Steve... its only the messages I sent from my phone that don't show on GoDaddy's server (web mail)... and that's where the problem is because I had been using my phone for e-mail for about 6 months and now I wanted to get this all setup and in sync on my new laptop but I don't know how. It seems to me its just the phone end which is why I was hoping some android guru's had some ideas.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Is your account set up as incoming via POP or IMAP?

6. compstuff

compstuff New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Thats where my problem is... I had it setup as POP which really doesn't sync anything but the inbox in the manner I was looking for

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    So can you convert the setup to IMAP?

8. W2PMX

W2PMX New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Sending mail goes to the SMTP server. Receiving mail comes from either the POP3 server or the IMAP server. Sending and receiving are 2 different pieces of software, and they don't talk to each other. (If you were using a company Outlook server, the situation would be different.)

An email program, on a phone or on a computer, stores the messages it sends (if you have it set up that way). Saving a copy of your sent message has nothing to do with the server, it's done only on the computer that's sending the email. About the best I can come up with is to BCC yourself a copy of every email you send on the laptop and set the laptop's email program to trash email from yourself. In the phone's email program, create a "Sent" folder, and have it move all email from yourself to that folder.