1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Extended Battery

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, May 24, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I just got my Seidio Extended Battery (1750mah) delivered. Looking forward to a little more juice from the Incredible, I was not at all happy about the battery life.

The stock is 1300mah so im hoping the 30% increase will benefit me big time. Also it still fits under the standard battery case so no big fat phone for me!

Anyone else invest in an extended battery or just get a spare?

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Rut roh.... :p
    Amazon $40 plus free shipping
    Don't fire me!

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    let us know how it turns out for you...I might be interested.
    Is it a bigger battery or the same size?

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I will for sure. It's the same physical size as the standard but 30% more capacity.

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    hmmmm! I just might have to look into that!

8. alexsamson

alexsamson New Member

Nov 21, 2010
  9. RonReves

RonReves New Member

Feb 27, 2011
    I purchased 2 of the "made in china" batteries on Ebay, less than $10 each including shipping. 3500mah, thicker than the stock with new backs, makes the phone flat across the back with molded indents for speaker and camera. I have had the Incredible since 06/2010, the new batteries for about a month. I can run all day into the evening without the charger if I am in good cell coverage, but on the higway, using Pandora and the NAV, I can run about 3 hours before I need the charger.

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I am not on the same phone, but I bought an extended battery when I got my Fascinate. Like most phones, or at least those I'm familiar with, the back had to be chaned out to accommodate the extra depth of the battery. That in turn, meant it wouldn't fit in my swivel hoister. So, I kept the holster and have never used the extended battery. For my usage, my Fascinate easily goes a day on a charge...I suspect I could get two out of it. I plug it in egret night and it is generally around 65 to 70 percent. The holster was more important to me. I hate just having the phone sitting in my pants pocket, shirt pocket, etc. Bugs the crap out of me knowing that it isn't secure.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    How much bigger was the battery that it needed a new back?

I feel just the opposite of the holster, ever since my Q fell out of it back in the day, I prefer the pants pocket.

12. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Going to check out the battery you are talking about. Just to be really clear..it fits right in, no special back need, the stock backplate fits on and all, right?

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes, the one I have fits under the stock battery cover.

14. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Do you really have better battery life then stock?

15. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    About a quarater of an inch perhaps...I tink the back is bigger than it needs to be...lots of extra space in there, but the standard back doesn't work with the extended battery.

Doesn't your phone try to bend in half and break every time you sit down? Doesn't your screen scratch from being in your pocket with other stuff like keys and change? Don't you find that a 5" unbendable item has to be adjusted every time you move much in your seat? Doesn't it take you 3x as long to get to your phone to answer it when it is in your pocket?

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Nope, been doing that since my original Q
    I am careful to make sure that my phone has its own pocket, keys and change go in one and phone in other (front pocket)
    No not always, my jeans are fairly broken in I guess.
    I guess I am just used to it. I def try to make sure I take care of it. When I wear dress pants I have a pouch that attaches to the belt since those pockets are bigger and looser.

17. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Jan 30, 2008
    Like a fanny pack? Lol

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

18. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Hahaha, well.....no :p

19. I8qbert

Bronze

Aug 24, 2008
    Fanny packs are awesome!!:-P