1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

External Microphone?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by captangrypants, Nov 22, 2009.

1. captangrypants

captangrypants New Member

Nov 22, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I want to be able to add on an external microphone. What I would really like to do is to make an adapter that would allow me to plug any standard mic. I have looked for pinouts for the 3.5 jack with little luck.

Now I know I could buy a headset mic for the phone and cut it up but I would like to be able to make it cleaner the first time out. I started to just randomly test with a 4 connector jack tonight but I found that certain combinations would trigger the phone to start playing music. I don't really feel like continuing this in fear of toasting the phone or the jack.

So any info would be great.

2. Sponsored Advertisement

3. captangrypants

captangrypants New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Thank you

That does work and I just tested and confirmed.

Thank you for the help and so quick.

4. rickthestick

rickthestick New Member

Nov 22, 2009
    I tried this...

...and it works great.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/ThumbTacks/ThumbTacks.php

update: If you plug it in too far it won't work. It does sound better than the internal mic. I'm using the tokasiki voice recorder. It sound like it's recording at 8k at best with no option to increase it. What app are you using?

5. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
  6. Arny

Arny New Member

May 3, 2011
    "captangrypants" has not stated whether he requires the External Mic for an Android Phone or for an Iphone.
    But seeing he is on an "Android Forum" we must assume that he wants it for his "Android Phone".
    So why has other members kindly recomended an External Mic which was designed for the Apple Series of iGear.
    Am I seeing some sort of telepathy happening here on this Forum ? because Apple & Android are so differant.
    "captangrypants" says the first recomendion by " bberryhill0" actualy worked, so my question is :
    Does "captangrypants" have an Android phone or does he have an iPhone or some other sort of iGear.

I have an HTC Desire HD running on Android, and I am looking for an external mic or better still, find a way to get
    an Audio Line/Aux input into Android.
    I have just sold my Iphone to purchase the HTC which is a great product but is very much let down by Android, so after only a few days I'm considering a return to the iPhone.

Best Regards

Tony

7. simonbove

simonbove New Member

Feb 15, 2012
  8. Erick Kincaid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2011
    I saw all the links and treads. third one is good and very helpful. Last one is also good.

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Thread is almost 3 years old....the adapter for the iPhone worked for the android...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2