1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Extremely sketchy performance...

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by RogueArchon, Nov 22, 2009.

1. RogueArchon

RogueArchon New Member

Nov 22, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Hey all, I picked up my Droid (motorola) last night! I'm very pleased with it--when it actually works.

1) I've received the error message "[insert app name here] ([insert path name here] has closed unexpectedly. Please try again." so many times that I've memorized it. It happens while trying to use just about anything, from facebook, to newly downloaded apps, to pre-installed apps like calendar. I even received an error message that blocked me from using my camera earlier today ("Cannot connect to camera at this time" or something similar).

2) The phone has locked up on me 6 or 8 times already. It either shuts itself off and won't turn back on, or it just freezes while on. The only way I've managed to fix it is to remove the battery!

Is this kind of stuff normal or should I be knocking on the door of the Verizon store demanding a new unit?

I love the phone when it decides to work, but am I going to have to deal with all of these glitches for two years?

2. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Based on what others have said about performance, I would ask for a new one.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Mine has been very reliable, some apps not so much tho so I install one and play with it a few days before I install another.

5. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    this is not normal behavior for the droid. take it back. i consider myself something of a phone breaker. i load up as many apps as i can, try to get it to multitask 20 apps at once and flick through the menus super fast. i've had a few force quits, but mostly apps that aren't made for 2.0 and sometimes the phone is just a little lagging. but that's while giving it a workout. normal daily use i don't see this stuff happen.

6. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Return the phone and demand a new unit, this is def not droid behavior. I was able to stream the whole buffalo bills game yesterday without the device freezing up at all, plus i've had 0 problems for the most part with my droid.

7. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Amen to what the other posters have said about your Droid's behavior being atypical for the Droid... exchange it!

8. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    How did you do this? I assume you mean just the audio right?

9. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    No i mean i was able to stream the whole game including video... the app is called NFL SUPERFAN but you need a direct tv login and need to have the nfl superfan package on the account. luckily a family friend has it and doesnt use it since his team is local :)

10. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009

Oh wow that's freakin sweet! Too bad you need bthe direct tv account. I'm a huge Lions fan and almost all their home games are blacked out. Really could have used that yesterday would have been nice to see them win a game..