1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook Home

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Apr 4, 2013.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

So Facebook announces Facebook Home. I can't tell from the announcements if this is an app you can choose to download or I'd it is going to get pushed by Google as the new default.

I can tell you I want nothing to do with Facebook 24/7, messages floating over my apps even when I don't have Facebook on, etc.

Who the heck needs people checking in from their bathroom, the Starbucks, the grocery store, posting 1,742 pictures of them making a stupid looking face, etc. Facebook now pushes pages to your account that you can't get rid of, has the most ridiculous non-sensical hames around, then posts a message if you so much as tap a key, etc. I could go on, it I'll spare you.

Please tell me this isn't something that will be required or pushed. I'll buy any app that disables it and keeps Facebook the hell off my phone...

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It appears to be a Launcher type app for the phone, a skin if you will. Like HTC has Sense, and Samsung has TouchWiz.

It will be available as a standalone app for other phones, I THINK.

I am in agreement with you, I want NOTHING to do with Facebook launchers, skins, phones

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Good. If standalone launcher, can likely be disabled or deleted. Shouldn't be an issue then until a new phone purchase either since it hopefully won't be pushed to current.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    ^^ Ditto for all. I also want nothing to do with FaceBook taking over my device. I do not plan to download it and if pushed I certainly will not allow it to do anything.

I never allow automatic updates of any kind. Shouldn't that prevent rogue installations from taking over?

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Would certainly hope so. I don't allow anything to auto update either.