1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

facebook sync

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by softspirits, Apr 1, 2011.

1. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007

Sponsored Ad

so i was playing with the settings and in the accounts/sync area you can hit new account and it gives you facebook as a menu option. however, the screen just blinks and does nothing, no prompt for account name/password, no sync. does anyone else have this have this issue? Has anyone successfully sync'd facebook?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes, mine does the same. Never noticed it until I just tested it for you since I don't sync Facebook with any of my devices.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What would there even be to sync? Facebook doesn't use contacts or anything like that.

5. t3chn1k4l

t3chn1k4l Member

Jan 30, 2008
    It syncs your friends list into your contact list on the phone. You can link a contact to their facebook page. This provides a direct link to their facebook page through your contact list. Try downloading the Facebook app through the marketplace. After logging through there it sholud give you the option to sync.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App, copy & paste, and the eA website because app is still broke. Lol

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    ok. thanks. Guess that would appeal to some people.

7. kamsmart

kamsmart New Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I downloaded the facebook app, and thee only option when you click the menu button on it is "refresh" .. unlike the menu that pops up on Droid phone for example ... after hitting the menu option on Droid, you get setting and you can see the options for syncing contacts

8. scooterman1

scooterman1 New Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I reset my Xoom yesterday because of the same observation of not being able to add the Facebook account.
    This is where it became interesting.
    After reset, and it going back to initial boot, I added my Google account, then went to add my Facebook account. When I clicked on Facebook, it went to the Android Market and installed the Facebook for Android App. This still did not sync my Facebook pictures with my Contacts like it does on my EVO. It also does not show a Facebook account under Accounts & sync.
    So, I then clicked on Add Account again, and nothing happens.
    I then went to the Android Market and did a search. I installed SyncMyPix, and performed the sync in that App, set the sync frequency in that app, and now everything in Contacts show all my Facebook profile pictures correctly?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk