1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed text messages

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by crystal red, Jan 1, 2013.

1. crystal red

crystal red New Member

Jan 1, 2013

Sponsored Ad

Had a Samsung Galaxy S that kept freezing, sucking the battery, and a lot of other annoying things. Had TMobile seems me a replacement. Same phone, etc. Lost all my apps, but what's worse is many text msgs r failing! Never had that issue. Any suggestions? There's no rhyme or reason - thought maybe msgs didn't like emoticons, but dime messages go anyway-thought it was the msg size-just dunno, ya know? Help?!

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are you getting any kind of an error message?

Was the replacement a brand new phone or possibly a rebuilt as is common? Perhaps the device is defective....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. crystal red

crystal red New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    The msg itself is gray (rather than the typical blue color of sent msgs) & all it says is"failed". The phone was brand new as I found it had a couple of different changes (upgrades??) on it. I've tried various things such a turning on airplane mode, then turning it back off. I've tried switching on delivery reports, which is more annoying than helpful, etc. I had read these suggestions when I was searching for an answer online, but nada. I think if I can't find out why it's doing this, I'll have to have it replaced by Tmobile again, but who's to say it won't happen again. It's almost as if I'm on a less powerful signal than G4 but it says 4G @ the top, so this is a real mystery! Any help is greatly appreciated!

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Text message failures are generally caused by carrier network problems. They are sent using the voice network instead of the data network.

Perhaps you can ask TMo to recheck that your account is provisioned properly and does reflect that you have text messaging included as part of your plan.

6. Shelly Knight

Shelly Knight New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    I get this sporatically, and interestingly enough, if i were to hit resend immediately...it goes through...?

7. Olivia50

Bronze

Sep 18, 2013
    You may just consult with the nearest stores... They could fix that for you as it seems to be a software issue.