1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

File cannot be displayed or played (please help!)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Shrox, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Shrox

Shrox New Member

Nov 1, 2010

Sponsored Ad

So this error comes up anytime I try to play a video. Recorded or off the internet. I can't play music either because it says the audio file is not supported. I have been using the phone on 2.2 for about 3 weeks and this just started happening yesterday. I can't find any solutions online. Please help me. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    sometimes if the format is posted from an iphone the same thing happens to me. I believe it has to be in mp3/4 format.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Shrox

Shrox New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    No it does this with any video and all my saved music :/

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Install any new apps in the interim?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

6. Shrox

Shrox New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Maybe a few. Should I try deleting them?

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It's possible you could have a conflict. Any that messes with video linke a third party video player?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

8. Shrox

Shrox New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    No not really. I just deleted all the apps I've downloaded from like a week ago and the proble
    Persits

9. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    I know it sounds odd, but you have done a reboot? One other thing I've had happe with a similar issue, is I dropped my phone and it slightly jarred loose my chip. Popped the battery and checked the chip, that seemed to help.

The other conflict may have been all the apps that come preloaded. If your phone had associated files with a bloatware that expired, you may have to check that as well.

10. aggieman

Bronze

Mar 14, 2007
    Had this happen to me last night. A simple reboot did the trick for me. I have no idea what caused this or why a reboot solved the issue. Wasn't able to play videos from my card or facebook