1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Firefox 4 Beta

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by My-Droid, Jan 12, 2011.

1. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Before any one says 'Duh,' I read the specs for Firefox 4 Beta before I installed it. I was expecting issues...

Now, with that said, the Firefox 4 Beta does not function well on my Droid with 2.2.1 Android. It is slow, choppy and my phone re-booted once. This is in-line with the specs needed for this beta. It is recommended that you have an ARMv7 processor. Apparently, the ARM Cortex A8 isn't fast enough.

FYI!

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I ran one of the original beta's, it was slow and large and clunky. The android default browser is really not that bad and there is always Skyfire as an alternative like FF

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. My-Droid

Bronze

Jun 16, 2010
    I have tried all the browsers and I was giving the new Firefox beta a try. I am giving a heads up incase other Droid users wanted to try it.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Oh I know, just saying one of my experiences :)

6. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
    There's another well-designed browser that's come out of the Chinese MIUI ROM. It has been extracted, translated into English, and available on the Android Market.

Search for "Miren Browser"

The interface is quite nice and the controls are intuitive.

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009