1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Forwarding contacts

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by caroleriordan, Feb 2, 2011.

1. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Why can't you forward a contacts phone number and/or info to another contact. It's a real pain to write the # and then text it to someone . My dumbphones used to be able to and my bb storm. It is really irritating .

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I dont see text on my list, maybe a CM7 thing, but you can email it.
    Go to contacts, click on a contact, hit menu, then hit Share, you should be able to send that way

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestion . Just tried gmail and hotmail and when you hit attach you get only option/gallery for gmail . Hotmail gives you option gallery/app share/ etc

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    No, go to the app drawer and then hit contacts, it attaches it to the message as a .vcf file

6. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Ok when ur in compose in gmail how do you get your app draw to pop up . That would be an awesome trick to know

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I just tried this straight from the "phone" application. I opened "phone", tapped "contacts" and tapped "share". Had choice to send through gmail or email or Bluetooth...Sent it to myself. Opened as an attachment in gmail. When I chose "download", asked if I wanted to add to contacts...

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You dont, you pick the contact you want to send FIRST, then it opens up gmail and adds it as an attachment and you can type your message.

Thats why I said go to app drawer and go to contacts. :)

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yep. Another really great way to do this (and can send multiple addresses/contacts at once) is with the free app "Listables".

This can send through email/sms/blue tooth/etc... Also, can send as a plain text file so it is easy to receive. (Can also do vCard or CSV...)

10. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    I'm definitely going to check that one out . I think just long pressing on a phone # and getting a multitude of options should be the way its done not some convoluted process . I've tried sending a contact a a vcard when I got this phone the person either never got it or couldn't open it . And I've been frustrated that u can't even get cut and paste to work . Android fixes this and it will be brilliant

11. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    And Thank you for your help . Appreciate it very much

12. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Just used listables and I love it . Thanks again Sherri !

13. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yeah! Glad you like it!