1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Froyo supposedly coming tomorrow ?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Apr 20, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
  2. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    That's what I heard, and I'm sure it will be rolled out over 2 weeks like the others.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Just went to manually check for the system update on my wfies fascinate and it came right up.
    Go go go go!!!

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

• Like Like x 1
  6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Just did the same and it was there so I started the process.
    Any ssues that you saw?

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Nothing yet aside from all homescreen icons were reset to default.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    After the reboot, did yours stay on the VZW splash for several minutes prior to moving forward?

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Yep..did that on mine as well. I'm not sure I remembered everything I had the (g). Guess that becomes an opportunity to create anew...

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Wow...what a pain...the entire applications area was reset to the layout VZW and Samsung wants instead of what yours was...that's 30 minutes of moving icons around screens and trying to get all the VZW crap I couldn't care less about to be buried on the last screen.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yes exactly, and that damn Bing search bar....fail.

12. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    It has the Google search bar too doesn't it?

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Not sure, I didn't check for that. The Bing Bar was just loaded by default.

14. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    Its funny how on the Bing commercials everybody is glitching

15. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I haven't even tried to bing search bar. Still can't get past the stupid ass name. What is it doing when failing?

My last call widget is now not working. Emailed the developer. It doesn't update, regardless of calls.

16. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Hey hockey...how's your wife's battery life handling the update? I only have one day into the thing, but OMG....my normal battery life at the end of a day used to be 70%....today, at 5pm, it's down to 26%. need more data points, dahummmmm...

17. Blackmet0

Bronze

Apr 5, 2011
    When u recharge to 100% be sure to recalibrate ur battery stats. Ur not rooted are u eqbob?

18. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Not rooted. Understand it is legal now, but no interest.
    Understand conceptually what you're saying to do, but have absolutely no clue how to accomplish that on the phone. Have never seen anything that says to calibrate a battery or anything.

19. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Battery life appears to have normalized now after several days. Back up to 60-70% left at end of the day....

20. Captainkris

Captainkris New Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Froyo sucks. For the screen lock, I found "screen mode lite ". It works ok. Its not perfect but its the only one I found that works since the update.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Everything Android

21. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Not sure what you are experiencing of course, but my screen lock, which is standard samsung or android, has continued to work in exactly the same manner as before the upgrade. I uae the puzzle lock flick finger thing.