1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Frustrating things with Samsung Droid Charge

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Salil Surendran, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Salil Surendran

Bronze

Aug 24, 2011

Sponsored Ad

There are a couple of things that are frustrating me:
    1. When I connect my Samsung Droid charge to the USB car charger of my GOgroove FlexSmart FM Transmitter my phone thinks it's an USB storage and then brings up the USB storage screen. It then takes me back to the home screen even though I am in the Navigation app. This very frustrating since I usually enter the destination in my navigation app while getting out of my apartment and then connect it to the power supply in my car when it checks me out of the app.
    2. The second problem is that most of the time my phone doesn't pair with my FM transmitter sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I want that once paired with the bluetooth device it should always connect when the device is within range.

What do I do to solve the above two problems?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You plug your phone in to an FM transmitter...thats probably why it thinks its a storage device.

As for the BT not reconnecting, I have found that turning on BT on the phone first, waiting for it to fully turn on, then turn on the GT device and it should connect.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Salil Surendran

Bronze

Aug 24, 2011
    But shouldn't it connect automatically when in range when BT is on?

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Perhaps the FM Transmitter has a sleep function, where if on for X amount of time is turns off or hibernates and the phone cant determine it until it scans for it?

My BT headset is remembered on my phone, and so is my BT FM Transmitter.

6. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

Samsung galaxy devices have connectivity problems, i don't know exactly what problems is this like any bug or OS issues, but i have experienced 3 different galaxy series phones, having connectivity problems like Wifi connects after trying for multiple times, the network keeps on breaking even being very close to a network at my home.
    The blue tooth is also facing issues while connecting it to my laptop.

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    sambhavna, are you now going to dredge up every old thread about Samsung just to post negative things about them? Still can't accept ICS won't be released for your phone?

8. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

stevetaz Member: dear

please read my post, it's not about updating the ICS but the connectivity problems encountered.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Uh huh....Sure

10. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    I've read somewhere that Nokia's Lumia phones are awesome. Maybe you should look into it. I'm sure after you get it you could find a forum app and tell us about your experience on that phone, directly.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    My SAMSUNG Galaxy Nexus has no issues with connections to WiFi and BT, my wifes SAMSUNG Fascinate has none of those issues either...

Check your router

12. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

Samsung has worst connectivity problems. Just got my brothers Galaxy Y repaired from the service center for issues of call drop, the call drop problem is now fixed but the Wifi does not get connected. Some times it automatically gets connected but when i start browsing it gets disconnected.

13. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    <crickets chirping>