1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Full screen video with good quality is not coming in Galaxy Y

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by rajeshgalla, Mar 29, 2012.

1. rajeshgalla

rajeshgalla New Member

Feb 24, 2012

Sponsored Ad

Hi All,
    I have samsung galaxy Y phone(5360) with me.
    To play MP4 video format files i use Any video Converter to get MP4 file.
    Using MX Video play i will play video in Phone.

But videos are not coming in full screen format.If i use strech option then videos will becomes blur.
    I felt same problem using samsung kies also.
    Can some one suggest me to get full screen video with good format.
    Regards,
    Galla.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    MP4 is a good format, your video probably isn't a good resolution.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Ditto!

What format and resolution are your original files and what settings do you use to convert with that converter program? Have you tried another converter program? What is MX Video that you use to playback? Isn't the native system sufficient?

I ask these questions as I have not done much at all with video on my Android......

5. rajeshgalla

rajeshgalla New Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Hi,

The source file is avi format file which has black bars at the top and bottom of the video file. Currently i am using Any Video Converter for the conversion of avi format file to mp4 format. And i am running the same mp4 file in the mobile. during running of mp4 file using MX video play, MP4 video contain same black bars of original file due to that video screen looks like small one. if i use strech option from MX video player clarity of the video goes down.

Currently i am using following settings for the conversion, These settings are default Any video convert settings for MP4 file conversions.
    Video:

ouput Format: MPEG-4
    FPS: 25
    Bitrate: 768 kbit/s
    Width: 320
    Height: 240
    Encode Pass:1

Audio:
    Format: AAC
    Sample rate: 44100 KHz
    Channels: Stereo
    Bitrate: 128 kbps

Observation : If i change video frame size to 640*480 in converter settings, i am getting full screen video but a part of video (left and right) in the width screen is deleted.In other words video looks like zoomed video.

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Your first sentence indicates the source file has black bars at the top and bottom. Could the source file be recorded in a letterbox format? If so I don't know that you will be able to get a full screen without looking like "zoomed in".

Final thought is that the Galaxy Y is a budget phone with a low resolution screen (240 X 320). You may also experience hardware limitations with a low res screen.