1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

G1 Now Shipping, Many Received Tracking Info

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by johnnydangerously, Oct 15, 2008.

1. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Curious if any of our readers received their tracking numbers? You might want to take Friday off and wait for UPS.:D

2. freddyv43

freddyv43 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    i just checked and it looks like i'll be getting mine on friday!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. JaCool69

JaCool69 New Member

Oct 7, 2008
    how do you know your tracking #? Is it your phone # in the Tracking by Reference field?

5. gmonterrosa12

gmonterrosa12 New Member

Oct 5, 2008
    my tracking number says: "re-scheduled" for 10/21 my co worker tracking says: "3 day select" so why is he getting his before me when we both ordered ours the same day which was the first day it was available for pre-order?? and i ordered mine 2 hours before him. Im so irritated but i guess its only 3 days. i offered my co-worker $50 bucks to give me his phone and I'll give him mine on tuesday but he refused, do i dare give him $100 bucks?? yes people not only am I anxious to get my G1, Im willing to do anything to get it first on friday so i can have the whole weekend to play with it. haha I warned my co-worker not to come into work friday, cause I dont know whats gonna happen to him and I may have to beat him up for the phone j/k hahaha

6. freddyv43

freddyv43 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    yes. thats all you have to enter

7. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    good and bad

Good News: Got my tracking number!

Bad News: Who knows when I'll get it!

When I called T-Mo the day after I ordered to get the order rerouted to my office they said "oh just check the UPS website and call us back when you have a tracking number" I still don't understand why their pre-order system didn't allow you to select the shipping address. Just because you can get mail, doesn't mean you can get packages, why does no one understand that?

So I called this morning, guess what T-Mo says? "You have to call UPS and have it rerouted, we can't do that. The only thing we could do is cancel the order and then re-order with the new address, but then it will take even longer for you to get your G1".

So I call UPS, guess what they say?
    "we can't reroute it. The shipper can, though, why don't you ask them." I explained they told me they couldn't reroute it and to call UPS. Then UPS says, "You'll have to wait until it it arrives at the local sorting center, and then they can hold it for you to pick up. They can't reroute it until it's arrived and been attempted delivery at least once."

WTF?
    I'm very annoyed. if T-Mo had allowed me to select the shipping address there would be no need for this. And I don't understand why UPS can't just attach a note to that tracking number so that when it's scanned (it hasn't even been picked up yet!) they know it's gotta have a new label. I tried looking up my sorting center in Frankin Park, but the only phone number listed is the main "contact UPS" number I already called!
    So, at this point, the only thing I can think of to do is have it held at the UPS sorting center and get someone to drive me over to pick it up. This is just messed up.

8. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    Sounds like it might be in route, that's why T-Mobile cannot re-route it. In the past, I've picked up more than a few missed packages at Fedex,DHL and UPS. If you have one in your area, obviously that's a solution. If not, then it's a big hassle. At least you might be able to prevent it from ending up on a truck that's not going to the correct address. At least if you know it'll be at a physical location, you can track it down. Nothing more frustrating than seeing out for delivery and knowing it's not going to the right address.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

9. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    Awesome. Be sure to check back after you get it. Good job by T-Mobile dropping them earlier than expected.

10. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Just called T-Mo again, explained the whole situation and a lovely lady said that "oh, if UPS is telling you that, then I'm going to check with my supervisor and see what we can do." I was on hold for maybe a minute and she came back saying they have to talk to Business Something (some other department, basically) because the pre-order is a new thing and they don't have any direction as to what they can and cannot do. So she's gotta talk to them and get the word on what they can do to help me out. That's better than my first call, so that leaves me a little hopeful.

11. Justin81

Justin81 New Member

Oct 16, 2008
    So you just put in your 10 digit phone number in the reference number on ups.com to track it? I put mine in and it saying the reference number is not recognized, I guess mine hasn't shipped yet.

12. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    well my UPS tracking info looks the same as yesterday, "billing information has been recieved". Perhaps my calling T-Mo has stalled it's progress? Dunno, they have not called me back to let me know what can be done about my shipping issue.

I'm a little frustrated that UPS has to fail to deliver a package once before it lets you reroute it. You have to have the number from the little slip they leave. I could understand them doing that with the express options, the next day, overnight stuff. But this is ground. and I'm the recipient, shouldn't I get to dictate where and when my package arrives, it's coming to me. The address is just a way of finding me.

And yes, for those of you who missed it, you go to UPS.com. Go to tracking. Then go to Track by Reference and put in your number in like so: 555-555-5555 . IF they've got tracking info, they'll give it to you. If not, it'll say that you've gotta try again or something. It'll look like you messed up. That means it can't find that reference, and thus UPS thinks you might've made a mistake. I'd check a couple times a day, since it seems they shipping ground, you're not going to miss anything by waiting a few hours. Mine has tracking info, but as I mentioned above, it hasn't moved in the past 24 hours. UPS doesn't even have it yet, they just have something telling them a label was made.

13. freddyv43

freddyv43 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    bad news. i just looked at UPS.com and my G1 is rescheduled to arrive Oct 21st?!?! WTF???? i came home early from work today for this? i'm so mad.

14. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    so hey, mine is in transit now, ETA is the 20th, Monday. We'll see how things pan out monday morning.

15. G1 Fanatic

G1 Fanatic New Member

Oct 11, 2008
    mine says rescheduled for the 21st. can't wait. my phone is less than 50 miles away at this point. it's in lenexa,ks.

16. imported_mark

imported_mark New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Nice tip on the dashes in the numbers, mine says delivery on the 21st, also.

Mark

17. freddyv43

freddyv43 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    has anyone received a phone yet? mine is out for delivery today. i'll post my thoughts as soon as i receive it.

18. johnnydangerously

Bronze

Aug 20, 2006
    Awesome. When you have spent some time with it, please submit your G1 Review. It's a user review section that allows our readers to submit their ratings and reviews of the G1.

19. jguizio

jguizio New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    got it

Mine came this morning. I live in Brooklyn and the 3G browsing is lightning fast! I'm impressed with it so far. I'm trying to figure out if you can mass text with it.... it doesn't seem like it which is a bummer. If anyone knows how please post.

20. PunkZanyJ

PunkZanyJ New Member

Oct 10, 2008
    had to go pick it up @ UPS. T-mo never called me back about rerouting the package. In the end, we hoped UPS followed it's usual pattern of late-in-the-day delivery since my partner gets home at 4pm. But they showed us up by trying to deliver at 2:45. So I called, UPS was cool, and I only waited about 5-10 minutes at Will Call for it.

21. imported_mark

imported_mark New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Surprisingly, UPS left at the doorstep because no one was home -- SOP for us and UPS, and I'm glad; now if I could only get home from France in zero time...