1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

G1 vs's the "mighty" iPhone

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tomandrew, Sep 21, 2008.

1. tomandrew

tomandrew New Member

Sep 21, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Well as you would know, the iPhone had much hype swirling about when it had its release, and even more so with the release of the iPhone 2.0. The G1, however, is said to be even greater then the iPhone and will break the rules and create new boundaries in mobile technology. I personally think that just because it is Google, they WILL go this distance and try to annihilate the iPhone completely.

It is my personal opinion that the G1 will be a lot more powerful, and bring a lot more features to a hand held mobile device than the iPhone will.

What is your thoughts on this subject? and what do you think that the G1 will bring that the iPhone doesn't have?

2. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    The one thing gPhone has already brought for mobile hand held devices is Open systems development! The absence of silly restrictions as with the iPhone makes gPhone susceptible to much higher altitudes of development.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dodgyant

dodgyant New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I feel it will become like Internet Explorer vs Mozilla Firefox, with Internet Explorer being Apple, and Firefox being Google. Which is ironic, as Apple are considered to be the opposite of Microsoft. I do not think that Google are going for a flashy phone, with an amazing design, but rather, getting the basics right e.g. with Open Systems Development, which is consistent with their ethos regarding simplicity. I am not sure, however, if enough people will appreciate this, just like Mozilla. I guess time will tell..

5. tomandrew

tomandrew New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    The person above me got it pretty much spot on.

It'll be a tighter contest than that of which Google has had with it's search engine rivals.

6. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    i think google has a lot more potential not to mention people will like the freedom google is giving

7. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I don't think iPhone's going anywhere anytime soon. There's always been love between Google and iPhone, and in my opinion, that's not going to change. I don't think Google's purpose of making Android was to "annihilate" the iPhone.

8. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    It would be rather juvenile to say there is absolutely no target against the iPhone! The pricing, the timing and even the experts' opinion, all clearly say the same thing. Take your time and beat the iPhone :)

9. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    well google has plenty of time since im sure theyll be around for a long time

10. theevilone

theevilone New Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Over time I think you will see less people in line for an iphone launch. Apple is too controlling and it will bite them in the ass. I love the iphone just tired of upgrading jailbreaking and unlocking every 2 mouths.

I want a headphone jack too listen to music without bothering people. Since it will be open source hopefully games will be freely available.

Easy file program for moving files between PC and Dream.

11. theevilone

theevilone New Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I just watched youtube video's of google engineers, oh man did not know about all the cool things it does. can not wait I want it now and the best part I do not have to wait in line. not selling the iphone yet but it will not be used as much when I get the G1.

12. jigyasa

Bronze

Sep 21, 2008
    I might just sell off the iPhone some time soon. G1 seems way too exciting. It is getting more irritating to jailbreak and reinstall every thing, every time I restore. :)

13. kogama

Bronze

May 16, 2008
    lol well i gotta wait longer since im a sprint person

14. This week we feature the mighty Iphone 3G, the Apple phone vs the invincible HTC Dream, the Google phone. So how is the sleek new HTC Dream better than the Iphone 3G?

1) Keyboard
    2) Expandable and Removable Parts
    3) Integrated Compass
    4) Offline Integration with Google Apps
    5) Multitasking and Copy and Pasting

15. Call me a sucker for Apple gizmos, but I LOVE the iPhone. I can understand the gPhone (once a range shows up) being better, but I'm a sucker for the pretty pictures and sexy animations that are on the iPhone. The level of extendability isn't what concerns me, it's how it looks, and whether it does what I want it to :)

16. xiflada

xiflada New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Ok I'll admit I was very iffy (hope iffy is a word) about this G1 I mean touchscreen and trackball and keyboard... wasn't to thrilled. But I gotta say I kinda like it now! :D

17. princee18

princee18 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I have seen that there are some areas where iphone owners are not satisfied, i believe that G1 would definitely cover those shortcomings.

18. attgirl

attgirl New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I think it will simply because Iphone is offered only with one service and this is not good for them. I think that more people would want to buy the phone if they did not have to change service providers.