Galaxy S2 - Ice Cream Sandwich

Discussion in 'Samsung Android Phones' started by marcelwelter, Mar 15, 2012.

1. marcelwelter

marcelwelter New Member

Hi, I live in Mexico and I didn't want to wait until my carrier released the update for my phone so I installed yesterday a costum Android 4.0.3 version. The thing is that when I sync it with Kies, I get the message "Your Device Does Not Support Updting Via Kies".

How can I fix this? Will I have to update each time manually using Odin or will Kies update to the newest version when available in my country?

Thanks a lot!

2. stevetaz

I am going to guess since you have installed a custom ROM the system can't recognize your device. I will also guess you will not see any automatic updates and you will have to manually update.

I am sure the other more experienced members will be able to answer with more authority soon.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Because your device isn't showing as an official device with Keis it is probably not going to work unless you return to a factory ROM.

What do you need Keis for now that you have a custom ROM?

5. bkai

Bronze

My GS2 (i777) says that on stock and I'm assuming that's because it's with AT&T. That being AT&T want's to control when and how we receive updates. I'm still able to sync and whatnot though. Perhaps this is the same with your carrier? Unless you've been able to sync via Kies before your custom rom.

6. Isabel Rae

Isabel Rae Guest

I think you should bring it to an Android store so they could update it fror you and not to have the same problem. I left mine with its original version and never update it myself.

7. stevetaz

If staying stoce works for you then that is fine. Others like to explore and that is fine for them as long as they take the time to understand what they are doing and why.

And remove your spam link in the signature......

8. DishMuffin

DishMuffin New Member

I really like this OS.Samsung makes it!