1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy s3 weird screen

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Omarico, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Omarico

Omarico New Member

Dec 18, 2012
  2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Looks like it is a next generation 4G service of some type. You should check with your service provider to see if they are actually providing that service or if they are running "teaser" promotions.

I woiuld guess that is the service they are providing and if so it appears to be quite speedy.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Omarico

Omarico New Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Can any one tell me how to debrand my phone?

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Please explain in a bit more detail what you mean by debrand. Is it a splash screen you want to remove or bloatware installed by the carrier? Or do you want to unlock a phone that is locked to a particular provider?

Please also indicate the OS version you are running as well as the provider your Galaxy 3 is "branded" to.

6. Omarico

Omarico New Member

Dec 18, 2012
    What is bloat ware and what is splashscreen

7. Omarico

Omarico New Member

Dec 18, 2012
    I have ice cream sandwich 4.0.4 phone model number shv-e210l

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Bloatware are applications users don't want or need, but the providers insist on loading onto phones in the hope that users will subscribe to services, buy hardware, software, services, etc.

A Splashscreen is, for example, when you phone is turned off and you start it up. The provider's logo may be displayed for several moments or you may see a screen like you posted the picture of.

9. Omarico

Omarico New Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Branded to untel Korean network but I donot live in Korea

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    So what is it you are trying to accomplish?

11. Omarico

Omarico New Member

Dec 18, 2012
    I want to put Samsung splash screen and update to 4.1 ,I am rooted,but the phone has an unlock on it so if I update it it will be removed how do I do this

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    From what I am reading Samsung doesn't make it easy to change the splashscreens. You wuld have to access and change at the kernel level. This may point you at a possible method.

13. Omarico

Omarico New Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Thanks for the help

14. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Let us know how you make out.....