1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

galaxy s4 wifi does not turn on

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by hailmarduk, Jul 14, 2014.

1. hailmarduk

hailmarduk New Member

Jul 14, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Recently my tmobile galaxy s4 cell froze on me and I was not able to use it, Samsung and tmobile couldn't help me. Samsung decoded to have me flash my cell so I did not the cell is updated to kitkat 4.4.2 and now my wifi does not turn on and I can't over the air update.

Samsung said I can send it to them to get it fixed and a possible refurbished one if they can't fix it.

Where can I get 4.4.2 firmware and reinstall it hoping in my wifi will work or should I wait for 4.4.4?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    The WiFi issue has been a major complaint after upgrading to KitKat. You are not alone. However, there are not many solutions that seem to work across the board.

First, if you have saved any WiFi connections in the device delete them and try reconnecting manually. This has worked for some, but it is worth a shot before the next suggestion....

Probably the best thing to try is a factory reset, but make sure you have backed up all of your data and information before trying this. The factory reset will do what it sounds like....Reset the device to the state it came out of the box.

Back up your data....

Settings > Accounts --> Back Up and Reset --> Factory Data Reset --> Reset Device --> Delete All/Erase Everything

You should do your own backup and save to your media card if possible. In the Factory reset screen you also have the option to Backup My Data and Auto Restore and these are done in the Google Cloud. These are good options to select before you Factory Reset especially if you are not sure how to do it by yourself. However if you can do your own backup it is always a good idea to have multiple backups just in case something fails with one.

Did I mention you should back up your data?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. hailmarduk

hailmarduk New Member

Jul 14, 2014
    How do I reconnect Manuel, I did factory reset and still the same

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Reconnect manually simply means you have no saved WiFi connections and you are starting from scratch. Scan for networks, select the one you want, enter the password, etc.

If that doesn't work you may want to take up Samsung on the replacement offer.