1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy Tab - I can't do it....

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ravman, Nov 22, 2010.

1. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I was at my local Best Buy store again this weekend, checking out the Droid tablets. I messed around with the Galaxy Tab, but ended up enjoying the *spit Apple iPad instead. I can't do it, I can't bring myself to buy the Tab. It's the size of it that is putting me off. It has everything else that I want/need, but the screen size just bothers me too much. I surfed some web sites, but found I was constantly pinching in, to be able to read things properly.

Samsung, please please please bring out a larger screen Tab!!!!!

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    They do have a larger one in the works. I still love my Tab and enjoy the smaller size but that's just me. I plan on replacing my phone with this device. That is if skype works well on my droid tetherd to the Tab.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Well? Is the tethering working at all??? Inquiring minds want to know. Report!

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I think that was a .30-06.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

6. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008
    I was reading that they have unlocked the T-Mobile tab to be able to make/receive calls now. The European Tabs can make/receive calls, but they blocked that functionality in the US versions. Heck knows why?

Will only be a matter of time before they get it unlocked for all US based Tabs across all networks.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Well, since sprint and verizon are CDMA (no sim card) makes it more difficult :/

8. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008
    That's the main reason why I stay away from Verizon & Sprint. The rest of the world is on GSM, and these guys are on CDMA. You would have thought the British owners of Verizon would have moved them over to GSM. But I guess it costs a lot of cash to do that.

9. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I hope maybe they will unlock that feature. My Tab does have a phone number and can send and receive texts. I will be dropping my other phone. So in the end VZW is losing money on me.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

10. ravman

Bronze

Oct 23, 2008
    It shows here, how they did it. They unlocked the T-Mobile version, stuck a SIM into it and made/received calls. They flashed it with a European ROM. I guess Verizon/Sprint users might be out of luck with this one. Might be easier just to buy a Tab from Europe and use it here, plenty of them for sale online.

11. Jouko Voutilainen

Jouko Voutilainen New Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.3 which is pretty good. I'd still rather go with an iPad 3. It's just much faster and smoother to use. Then again, the weird aspect ratio is kind of a turn off.

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    iPad3 no longer exists.

13. SRT845

SRT845 New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    My galaxy tab 10.3 works just fine. I'd recommend that.

14. Poquito

Poquito New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I don't understand this post. When was it written? This app doesn't give the year, just the month/day.

1) Samsung does have a 10.1" display.

2) Why would you "pinch in"? Wouldn't that make things even smaller?

This post was written on my totally awesome, way cool,
    Rooted, 32GB Samsung Galaxy 10.1" (P7510) WiFi Tablet,
    w/nVidia Tegra2 Dual Core CPU/8 Core GPU, w/KB Dock,
    on IceCream Sandwich v4.0.4 w/A1 OverClocking Kernel

15. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Don't know what app you are using, but this original post was from November 11, 2010!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

16. Poquito

Poquito New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    An app called, "Everything Android". It does not list the year of the post and it was just another post that showed up in the Galaxy Tab area.

This post was written on my totally awesome, way cool,
    Rooted, 32GB Samsung Galaxy 10.1" (P7510) WiFi Tablet,
    w/nVidia Tegra2 Dual Core CPU/8 Core GPU, w/KB Dock,
    on IceCream Sandwich v4.0.4 w/A1 OverClocking Kernel

17. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    CHRIS!!!!! Help, please.....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

18. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I am confused....

19. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    The eA app on the phone does not show the year of posts. Poquito is correct. If the post in question is opened in a browser then the year is included.

20. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    In tapatalk, year shows if it is not current...(so no 2013 yet, but all other posts show year....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

21. galfan

galfan New Member

Feb 18, 2013
    There is nothing better than Galaxy Tab 2 7". I am very happy with it.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Everything Android