1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy Tab questions

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by gino_76ph, Jan 24, 2011.

1. gino_76ph

gino_76ph New Member

Nov 5, 2010

Sponsored Ad

hi there i want to ask queries on the Tab:

1. does it fully support AVI and/or MKV straight out of the box?

2. can i insert a USB device (like an external hard drive) and then view photos or play videos there?

3. is it UPnP and DLNA-compliant i.e. pair ir with a similar device and then stream off my files?

4. does it have speakers on the sides when in viewing movies?

5. does it support full 3D games? (and makes it better than most non-Tegra 2 tablets)?

thank you.

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    your welcome.

Over all I am very pleased with my Tab and glad I own one. But, if I were in the market for one now I would probaly wait and see what comes out. Although I am sold on the 7 inch size. I take this with me almost everywhere and I dont think that would be the case if it were the size of a netbook.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Atwood

Atwood Guest

I am also using galaxy tab and it works very well and yes it gives me some minor problems some of them are discussed there share the solution with me too.

5. Karen Johnson

Karen Johnson New Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Is the Galaxy tab any good? I'm thinking about getting it against the Apple iPad. :)

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The 10.1 Galaxy Tab is very good, would recommend it. Go to a store and play with both and see what you like best.

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Scott, is your version Wi-Fi only, or carrier specific (3G?)

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I have a Xoom, not a Tab. But mine is 3G/4G but not active on Verizon service, so it is basically a WiFi only device.

9. But mostly samsung galaxy tab covered main technical feature which user need.

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I have no clue what you are asking.

Perhaps it begins with I don't know what a Galaxy Tab Mobile is. From there it goes downhill.

#9 stevetaz, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  11. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Galaxy Tab is a tablet device (like the iPad). It can be bought wi-fi only (16 GB model or 32GB model).

Can can also be bought with 3G through Verizon's network. Requires a data plan.

Sizes vary, from 7" to 10.1...

I assume that is what poster meant by Galaxy Tab Mobile.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Since there are so many choices you may be right or you may be wrong, but any idea what the rest of it might mean Sherri? Sure not giving much in the way of symptoms. Hangs, doesn't work, does work, but then switches off? Probably very easy for a pro like Scott to diagnose and identify the problem.

Not.

This poster is all over the place in other posts and appears to be posting just to get his/her spam signature out there. Not sure though. That's for Scott to figure out......

13. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yup. Kind of surprised. I thought we couldn't post "links" until after a certain number of posts. At one time, no links were allowed in signatures. (rb used to remove them and state that he did...)

As for this poster, it sounds like he has a Wi-Fi only model, the Wi-Fi connects, and then drops. Until he/she replies, we will never know!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The spammer has been removed. Take one day off to watch football and it all goes to hell here :)

15. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Thank you!

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

16. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Scott, what is this "day off" stuff you speak of? That better not become a habit.

I have removed the spam links from my quote of the spammer just because I can......

• Like Like x 1
  17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I know!
    What as I thinking!?

Thanks for removing the quoted text!