1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy Y.. 3G??

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Jerold Vaz, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Jerold Vaz

Jerold Vaz New Member

Dec 20, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Hi guys,
    I had a doubt that i would like to clear. i would like to know whether galaxy y has 3g. many of the websites say that it has 3g but few of my friends are telling me that the phone does not have 3g.. can you guys please clear this for me..

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    If you don't believe what you read then how can we convince you? The phone's specs indicate yes, it has 3G:
    2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100

The question is if you or your friends are actually in a 3G area to get the 3G connection. Also, are you in an area that uses the posted bands allowing it to get the 3G connection. Find out what bands your cellular provider runs on. Not all providers use the same.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Jerold Vaz

Jerold Vaz New Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I am staying in a 3g area. My friends are able to use 3G on other phones but not on Samsung Galaxy Y..

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    How about answering the rest of the questions? Plus, what are the "other phones" your friends can use?

Where did the Galaxy phones come from and how many have been tried and don't work?

6. Jerold Vaz

Jerold Vaz New Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Ok bro will get back to you with those details..
    Thanks a ton..

7. anjali jain

anjali jain New Member

Feb 22, 2012
    AFAIK the Samsung galaxy Y supports 3G networks.

8. Jerold Vaz

Jerold Vaz New Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Thank You Anjali..
    There was a problem with the handsets.. 3g was not working..
    checked on other phone its working perfectly.. :)