1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Gallery - Annoying Request To Sign-In....

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevetaz, Dec 26, 2014.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

When I was using the Galaxy S3 Gallery was the built-in photo app and worked without an issue. After the upgrade to KitKat I suddenly started seeing a demand popping up in Notifications every time I opened the Gallery app asking me to "Sign-In to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums" or something like that. Very annoying.

A search found the solution to open the Gallery App > Menu button on the Galaxy > Settings > Accounts > My gMail Address > Scroll to Sync PIcasa and unchecked it. Done deal.

Now I just got a Galaxy S5, transferred everything over and guess what is back? Repeated requests to sin-in to allow Gallery....etc.

Uh oh....The S5 no longer has a menu button. Now what?

Open Settings from the desktop (or App Manager) > Applications > Gallery > Tap the gMail Address at the Top > Scroll down to "Sync Picasa Web albums and uncheck that. Done deal. I also unchecked everything else while I was there. Too much crap in the cloud for my taste.

2. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    You have been messing up with settings lately, now try to perform factory reset and if it doesn't works, then the only thing you could do is to perform a Hard Reset, it will wipe your data, but solve your problem.

3. Sponsored Advertisement