1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Get Contents From Another Phone

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

My dear Friends,
    I have been away for quite a while and beg for forgiveness for my absence.
    I have intention to change my Htc One with the new M8 but I need to know few things. The old HTC One does not have memory card where as the new One Has! If I purchase the new M8, insert a card in it and transfer everything from the old phone to the new one using the above mentioned Application, how are my Applications, photos and media files be placed since the old phone has no Memory while the M8 has?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Hi Alkali:

I am very confused by what you are asking. If the old HTC did not have a card slot how would you be porting all the information over to the new phone that does include a card slot?

You said there was a mentioned app....What app?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010
    My dear Steve I think I should explain further.
    There is an application within Settings of the HTC One " Get contents from another phone" the use is to transfer all contents from an old phone like my Htc One to the new HTC One M8. My question here is my old phone does not have memory card while the one I intend to purchase has, so if I transfer all contents from my old phone to the new one which has a card, how are the contents going to be placed I.e the App, media files and photos within the new phone? They were all within internal memory of the old phone but the new phone which is receiving the transfer has a memory card.