1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Glass Tempered Glass

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Oct 14, 2014.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I just ordered the Ghost Glass tempered glass screen protector for my HTC One (still on its way). I've read plenty of good things, so looking forward to checking it out. I typically use Spigen and they were my first exposure to glass screen protectors. Ghost Glass isn't very big in the iPhone community. Not sure why. It was either between this or the Nillkin tempered glass.

Anyone have experience with Ghost Glass?

2. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    i had the mine ghost glass on my galaxy s4 and i worked perfectly fine. the glass make your phone feel like it doesn't even have a screen protector on it. and it even saved my phone, I was running late for work one day, and in a hurry it slipped from hand while closing the truck of my car. i noticed the screen was cracked when i picked it up. but really didn't have time to look at it as i was trying to beat the time clock so i wouldn't be late. when i finally had time to look at it. I noticed it was just the ghost glass that was cracked i peeled it off and my screen was a good as new:)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    My install was less than great. For some reason, I was too close to one corner, so it refused to affix. When I pulled up the Glass to reapply, I found myself with a few minor specs of dust. It's really not very noticeable unless your a perfectionist. So yeah, it bothers me to no end.

That being said, if I had to do it over again, I'd be careful not to wreck the piece of sticky paper used to remove these specks. I wish they included more than one. Pulling up the Ghost and reapplying isn't terribly difficult. One corner is bit damaged, but that bothers me less than the dust.

As for the product itself, I'm impressed. It looks great and I don't notice a difference. I've also heard great things about its ability to protect the display if the phone is dropped. I'm likely going without a case or using a slim Nillkin case, so I wanted the glass protected. This will definitely do that.

They have Ghost for the iPhone 6. I wonder how they are handling the curved edges and how it lines up. Haven't seen any reviews yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    #4 stevetaz, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  6. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Thanks for the nice information about
    Ghost Glass Tempered Glass