1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Gingerbread???

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by smf98aggie, Mar 28, 2011.

1. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Anybody heard if the Atrix will get Gingerbread anytime soon?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    It will get Gingerbread, but no time frame has been issued. It hasn't officially rolled out to any device other than the Nexus (One/S), as far as I know.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    Ok, thanks. I've been reading about the so called 'update' Motorola supposedly released today for it to fix some voice issues, but when I click System Updates on the phone, it says it's already up to date.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    They are probably rolling it out in phases. You should get it by weeks end (usually the length of the roll out is somewhere around 10 days).

6. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    Well, they finally rolled out Gingerbread for the Atrix. There are some really cool things about it, and then there are some not-so-cool stuff. I like how they changed the camera features and look, but it still lags after taking pics. Most of the other stuff seems cosmetic so far. I haven't really seen a difference in much, except for the social networking layout, and my favorite is the layout for Pics/Videos! I LOVE how you can see your galleries for camera pics, My library, Online pics, and your friends online pics! I've got all of my online accounts (Photobucket, Flickr, etc..) linked in so I can see everywhere I have pics stored. And, anyone linked to you through FB, etc..; you can also access their pics from your phone. Pretty freaking genius idea if you ask me.
    Now the bad: the phone tends to freeze up a lot more and my widgets are ALWAYS crashing! Some of them won't even work anymore; even after re-installing them. The biggest thing I've noticed, is in emails; I can't open HTML attachments anymore. It used to download them, then open. Now, after I tap to download and open; it brings up Google homepage, and says that it can't find "http://www.djfa;lkdjfhgadasdj f... fj/ fja;" (you get the point). Pisses me off, because now I can't open any emails from work.

7. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    I'm selling my Atrix 4g, if anyone is interested. Works great with Gingerbread installed. $100. Email me for pics or more info. Thanks,

Shawn
    smf98aggie@gmail.com

8. rabbyapk

rabbyapk New Member

Jan 6, 2015
    i fast you gingerbread os it's fast and smart os

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Seriously?

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008