1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail contacts problem with editing a phone number

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by zillah, Feb 17, 2014.

1. zillah

zillah New Member

Feb 17, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Dear Experts

I have attached two snapshots for one contact of my Samsung galaxy S3 LTE version,,,,

For a contact I have tow entries for a Mobile number and they are same therefore i tried to click to edit button to remove on of them since it is redundant (please see the attachment named : "Before press on edit button"

After I clicked on edit button it didn't show two numbers , it shows only one (please see the attachment named : "After press on edit button" ,,,,why !!!!

And I have this issue for many other contacts

Attached Files:

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Do you sync your contacts with any service like Google or with a service like Outlook or Outlook.com?
    EDIT: Silly me. You use gMail so maybe you can edit from gMail on your PC.

May be the service system allows for duplicates and you might have to edit there. I do not have the ability to show two Mobile numbers, but that is due to syncing with Outlook via Active Sync. I was having an issue with one contact because I had four numbers in Outlook, but the Android only displayed three. It was because the labels used by Outlook don't match what Android uses. I changed the title of one number (from Other to Car) and voila! Android displays it now.

Also, you say the numbers are the same, but the comma may make them different to a server.

#2 stevetaz, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  3. Sponsored Advertisement