1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail not updating

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by manic, Jan 6, 2010.

1. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009

Sponsored Ad

My primary Gmail account is not updating. I'm not receiving notifications either.This is the Google account I am signed into for my phone. When I use the Gmail app it is not updated and refreshing does nothing. When I open the regular email app the new messages show up there. I even checked the Gmail app again and those new messages still don't show up. Any tips on how I can get this to work?

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    It never hurts to just yank the battery once in a while. This is the only thing I have found that the droid has in common with the Q.

I don't know if it was my imagination or what but, It seemed to speed up my phone and fixed some little quirks I was having.:dft011:tounge_out

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    I did shut down the phone this morning. It actually died in the middle of a download. I attached the charger and turned the phone on. I noticed a new symbol on startup. It was a circle with two arrows. I noticed when I refreshed the Gmail app the symbol reappeared. So I guess its a refresh symbol. I've never seen this before. Some of the new emails are from early yesterday. I'm guessing there is some kind of communication problem with the app itself since the regular email app works. A restart is good now and then and can really help. I'm downloading now so when I'm done I will try that